Accidental hang ups since 2.01 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the update to 2.01 I've had a number of face hang ups during phone calls. NEVER experienced this before the update.

others seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

A lot of "face hang ups"? Presumably because your "face" is touching the "end" button and hanging up the phone? Yeah, no, I try to minimize as much skin to screen contact as possible to reduce the amount of oils that I will need to wipe off after the phone call. I'm a bit OCD with the glossy screen.

3. Redflea

Yeah...I know. But the interesting thing is that I never had any issues before 2.01, so I'm wondering if 2.01 changed something about the proximity sensor that is causing problems.

That's why I'm asking...is anyone else seeing this?

4. dman2275

dman2275 Active Member

This happened to me twice today. My phone seemed to lag out to the point where the other person could not hear me (I could hear him) and then the phone disconnected.

My face was not against the phone. I thought I hit the camera button and it caused the issue....not sure though.

First time I have had a problem with my Moto Droid.

5. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I've not had this issue but most of my calls are fairly short. I text more than I talk. I know that the screen does go to sleep a lot quicker with 2.0.1. If I make a mistake on the lock pattern screen, the phone will go back to sleep and I have to press the power button to try again.

6. Redflea

Thanks for the posts. Mine was more that that the call just ended suddenly, no warning. I'm hoping thy it is an isolated few incidents, but it's worrying.

7. Brandie Iris

Brandie Iris New Member

I am on my second Android phone (replacement) because of this proximity sensor issue! I just got it December 26. The first time around my cheek kept hitting the MUTE button, #'s, and the END call button....my friends and family were sooooo irritated as well as me! I went to Verizon and they thought it must be a bad apple?! So now I am on my second one and it is much better than the first but I am still having the dropped calls randomly and now my phone goes to SLEEP/lock randomly when I want to end a call or get to the keypad! I will give it a few more days...if problem still persists....goodbye Droid! I love everything else about the phone and the power but I need a phone that I can make CALLS with and that is the reason to have a phone!!

8. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I just touch the phone to my ear and hold the mic away from my face, and I normally don't have a problem. The only issue I have encountered is hitting the "Add a Call" feature, effectively muting the call.

9. Redflea

This actually went away for me (I'm the OP)...haven't had this issue since around the time that it first occurred...no idea why.

I do keep losing my speaker phone (I can hear them over the speaker, they can't hear me) and have to reboot to fix that issue...