accidentally defaulted to look for sounds on SD card

Last Updated:

1. Audio Princess

Audio Princess Member This Topic's Starter

I don't remember what I hit, but I remember something telling me that I could change it but I don't remember what... rookie mistake, I know.

Can anyone tell me how to get it to default back to the stock ringtones/sounds?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Audio Princess

Actually, it wasn't that, its that I appear to have lost all stock ringtones on my phone! Don't know why.

3. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a reboot, or a battery pull?

4. Larkitect

Larkitect Active Member

i gave an app control of my rings one time and this is what i did to get it back: "menu" button > settings > applications > manage applications > "menu" button > filter > all > android system > clear defaults. after i did that, the next time i went in to change tones it popped up a message asking which app i wanted to use. android system is the default and the one i chose to get things back to normal.

5. Audio Princess

I actually ended up doing a factory reset, I've only have the phone for 2 days, so it wasn't TOO awful.

BUT, that is exactly what I should have done..

i can't say I would have found it by myself, but THANK YOU (in advance, for next time!)

6. Larkitect

Larkitect Active Member

glad to help. i registered just to reply because i couldn't stand the thought of a new droid owner having problems. welcome to the fold and enjoy your droid! :)