1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Accidentally deleted S Note templateSupport

1. samadm

samadm New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new here so forgive me if I said something wrong.
    So basically I accidentally deleted a predefined note or books on S Note.
    It comes with 'Lifestyle', 'Business', and 'Education'.
    Can someone explain to me how can I download it back without doing factory reset?
    Or even better, is there somewhere I can download even more S Note's templates?

Many thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

I think you deleted one of the pre-loaded examples folder. Don't think you could delete the actual templates where you see them with the "+" sign when you add a note.
  3. samadm

samadm New Member

Yes yes, l think you are right. Can I restore it somehow?
  4. lcneed

lcneed Well-Known Member

I am not sure. Maybe someone who still have them could see if it is some where on one of their folders on the Note II. I actually deleted mine on purpose because I don't really need them.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I couldn't find any predefined 'Lifestyle', 'Business', and 'Education' on my Note (Sprint).
    I also searched Google to help you for about an hr and came up with nothing.
  6. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

PM me your email address and I will send you a link to my Dropbox so that you can download them :)
    gabolander likes this.
  7. Kmdavisjr

Kmdavisjr Member

Oddly enough, the SAME thing just happened to me. I'd be much obliged if you could allow me to download the defaults as well. I was actually considering a factory reset, then I heard that the "examples" are not really needed, but I like to keep things in order until I am sure I won't need something later.

Thanks
  8. evohicks

Will need your email to send you the link, pm me with it and I will sort it out for you :)
    Kmdavisjr likes this.
  9. Kmdavisjr

Kmdavisjr Member

Just what the Doctor Ordered. Perfect! Thanks again!
  10. evohicks

No problem at all, will leave it on my drop box for a while to see if more people need them.
  11. SamGal_III

SamGal_III New Member

I did it too! I have spent hours with Samsung and Phone carrier and they won't/can't help. All demo phone had templates gone too!. Please let me know how to get replacement files.

THANK YOU!!!
  12. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

The templates don't actually delete from the phone. When you go to start a new s Note, all the templates are selectable, if you need to use one of them. They just don't show on the home page as one of your saved s-notes.

I was actually glad because I dont' use any of the templates at all.
  13. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

sorry if I seem a little dumb on the subject, but I know when i first got my note, i deleted SOMETHING, whether it be a template or a "sample". What i have now on my S Note app are NINE templates. Is that correct?

On another screen I have Business Education Ideasketch, Lifestyle folders.

business has 5 books
    Education 3
    Ideasketch 7
    Lifestyle 4

what is missing? are those items in those folders just SAMPLES, rather than templates, correct? ie, if I lost one, it's no biggie?
  14. gom3w

gom3w New Member

i dont think something missing there, coz its exactly the same number (folders & template) with mine.

i was playing around with 'Visual Organization' sample on folder IdeaSketch,
    i accidentally hit 'back' button and its automatically close and save the file.

How can I restore the sample to the original? as I want to keep all sample and template original.
    i search on the net, but i cant find the answer
    is there any feature like "save as" / duplicate, so i dont have to worry about my template/sample?

cheers
    dave1812 likes this.
  15. peterir

peterir New Member

Hi, the same happened to me. Could you please send me templates/samples? or store it somewhere for download? many thanks
  16. TheBehemot

TheBehemot New Member

I also have the same issues, but the forums told me I don't have enough post to send you a private message. my email is <mod redacted> could you please email PM me on how to get this back. thanks in advance.
  17. evohicks

Ok you have mail :)
    Go to ' My files' folder
    All files
    sdcard0
    S note
    And put the templates from my dropbox in there.
    RichaJain21 likes this.
  18. softarno

softarno Well-Known Member

well well well i hope am not late coz it happen with me 2 and i need them if you dont mind :eek:
    But also i need to know how u do backup of snot on dropbox :rolleyes:

thank you in advance
  19. evohicks

If I remember correctly, I think I had to create folders in Dropbox and then add the different templates to their respective folders, bit time consuming but hey, it's helped a lot of people out, including myself :)
    RichaJain21 and softarno like this.
  20. softarno

softarno Well-Known Member

Thank you so much
    Edit: got the all.....
  21. Destructo21

Destructo21 Member

I also deleted mine. Can you pm me too (mod redacted email).
  22. evohicks

Destructo21 likes this.
  23. Destructo21

Destructo21 Member

thank you so much
  24. malaverse

malaverse Member

I also deleted some templates. To be accurate I saved over them. The S Note app has the annoying auto save function if you hit back. It won't ask if you want to save or discard changes and just saves whatever changes you made.

You have to click 'close' for it to ask. I can't find where in the settings if you can change this.

Can you add me to your drop box too? (PM me, please)
  25. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Hey folks, I don't think its a really good idea to be posting your personal emails on the open internet.

My personal advice would be to send a PM to the person with the dropbox account and have your email in there. This way its not all over the web. :)
    scary alien likes this.