• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accidentally "forgot" Wifi Network

chalee

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, new to Android and new to the Galaxy S.

Whilst changing some settings I accidentally hit "forget" on my home wireless network, and ever since I haven't been able to access it.

I've manually added it, turned the phone on and off, turned Wifi on and off, and even added the Wifi Fixer app, but still no luck...

Can anyone help? I'm very frustrated as I want to get started downloading some Apps!

Thanks in advance

Forgetting a network in my experience does not eliminate it, when you do a scan again it should find it again but it just wont connect to it automatically.

I think it is the setting of your network that is the problem.

1. Is the SSID hidden?
2. Does your SSID network need to be set to discover before it can accept connections?
3. Is your passphrase correct?
4. Has it got an access list?
5. Can you get onto this wifi network under the same circumstances with other devices?
6. If all else fails, i would consider a factory reset on your Galaxy S.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the wireless network works fine with 4 other devices, including my husband's iPhone.

I have done the factory reset (not much on there yet anyway), and now I have discovered something else, it is picking up my network when the sim card is out, but not in. It does pick up others in the neighbourhood when it is in though...

Any ideas why that would be?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones