Accidentally "forgot" Wifi NetworkSupport

1. chalee

chalee New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, new to Android and new to the Galaxy S.

Whilst changing some settings I accidentally hit "forget" on my home wireless network, and ever since I haven't been able to access it.

I've manually added it, turned the phone on and off, turned Wifi on and off, and even added the Wifi Fixer app, but still no luck...

Can anyone help? I'm very frustrated as I want to get started downloading some Apps!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

Forgetting a network in my experience does not eliminate it, when you do a scan again it should find it again but it just wont connect to it automatically.

I think it is the setting of your network that is the problem.

1. Is the SSID hidden?
    2. Does your SSID network need to be set to discover before it can accept connections?
    3. Is your passphrase correct?
    4. Has it got an access list?
    5. Can you get onto this wifi network under the same circumstances with other devices?
    6. If all else fails, i would consider a factory reset on your Galaxy S.
  3. chalee

chalee New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the wireless network works fine with 4 other devices, including my husband's iPhone.

I have done the factory reset (not much on there yet anyway), and now I have discovered something else, it is picking up my network when the sim card is out, but not in. It does pick up others in the neighbourhood when it is in though...

Any ideas why that would be?
  4. Evélio Silva

Evélio Silva New Member

I have the same problem!
    It must be witten somewhere in the system that the network is forgotten.
    There must exist a way to change that.
    Can anyone help?
    Tanks.