Accidentally pressing "home" button?

Last Updated:

1. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

Hi,

Got my Nexus S yesterday and loving it!

However, am I alone in accidentally continually pressing the touch-sensitive "Home" button???

Most frequently this happens when I'm using the keyboard.

Let me know if anyone has noticed the same!?

Thanks,

TD

Advertisement
  2. willbill0587

willbill0587 Member

Happens to me all the time, I'm scrolling down in the browser or some app, looking at the screen and my finger will go that little bit too far down and BAM! homescreen! Bloody annoying, especially when you're playing games.
    I think that the phone looks amazing, but to make it look amazing they have made the whole front of the phone look like a single piece, so there is nothing for your finger to move along to tell you you are nearing the bottom of the phone. A little raised bump just above the home button would've been a good idea.
  3. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

indeed.

glad im not the only one getting annoyed by it :D.

other than that, im seriously loving this phone.. like i cant stop looking at it and playing with it.

been a long time since a phone got me this excited ;$
  4. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I used to bump the capacitive keys on occasion, but I must have gotten used to it as it rarely happens now.
  5. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

Hmm..

After having had the phone for a couple more days since I posted this, I am starting to see some weird issues..

I originally thought my hand was accidentally hitting the capacitative "Home" button, but now, I'm certain that the phone is erratically returning to the homescreen on its own... I am making sure to keep my hand as far away as possible from the keys.. Almost unnaturally so.. But it's still happening.. Randomly just returning my to the homescreen.

I think I might have a faulty hand set..
  6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

7. thedynamix

thedynamix Active Member

This has got to be ther most annoying bug I've ever discovered and I'm seriously rethinking owning this phone. I'm still within my grace period so might bring it back.

I can't use the keyboard anymore.. It just keeps flicking me back to the homescreen! It's like it's sensing interaction with the home button through the back of the phone... I know for a certainty that my hand is not touching the button directly when this is happening..

Any ideas?
  8. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

This isn't a bug if it's not happening to other people. Get your phone exchanged?
  9. danetweedale

danetweedale Active Member

I thought it would be a bit of a bugger but thankfully its not happened to me yet
  10. Stuart P

Stuart P Well-Known Member

not happened once to me whilst keyboarding.