Accidentally registered my phone to ATT - helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was playing with all the settings on my phone and under the networks did a search for all available networks. When I did that, ATT came up and locked itself to it. Now it seems like my connection isnt as good as before when it wasnt registered.

How do I unregister the phone? (no obvious answers like "root the phone")

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

What about a factory reset?

3. HyperM3

I thought about that but if I do that, I lose all my settings and apps right?

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

back em up, all your contacts and apps are saved to your gmail if you use google sync

5. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

don't know about settings but if you go in to the market and download an app called astro file manager you can back up all your apps to your sdcard and then reinstall them after the reset. That app is free and it saved my butt the other night when i lost pdanet

6. HyperM3

Once you save the apps to the SDcard, can you then run them from the SDcard? It would be much faster than saving them onto the device right?

7. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

no you can't run them from the sdcard.. just restore them to the device.

8. danimar

danimar Active Member

Why do you want to factory reset because of this?? Why don't you just do a network search and select your carrier again? it should register to it without problems. If it doesn't register for some reason, then you can consider doing a factory reset.

9. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

OP dude, are you being serious??????

if you're an at&t subscriber and you have an at&t nexus... you HAVE to be registered on the network for it to even work... you just ended up manually selecting the network... no different than if you had chosen "select automatically" in the network operators panel...

has NOTHING to do with your perceived connection quality...

let's put it this way, if you were to "unregister" from the network, your device wouldn't even work... unless of course you were roaming on another network...

just enjoy your phone, stay out of the settings if you don't know what you're doing...

and any connection woes is because you're on at&t... it's an inherently $#1t network... :p

but hey, if you like making life more difficult for yourself, just go ahead and wipe the device clean and start over if it will make you feel better...

10. ufmedrudy

ufmedrudy Active Member

Untrue as my T-Mobile N1 can see AT&T. It uses the same voice frequencies...just 3G data is different.

To the OP: You should just be able to go back into the settings, do a manual scan, and reselect AT&T. No need to backup settings and do a wipe