• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accidentally switched profile, can't get back!

WebKat

Mar 12, 2010
opalcat.com
Last summer when I got my Droid 3, I remember that people were complaining that it was supposed to ship with a profile manager, but it didn't. I followed some instructions which I've long since forgotten the details of, which took me through setting up three profiles, and putting a "Select Profile" button on the home screen.

I ended up never using it because it didn't remember your wallpaper when you switched profiles, and the default for all of them was this hideous black and gray striped asphalt looking monstrosity. So I never used it.

Today I accidentally brushed against that icon on my homescreen and was put into a different profile. Five completely empty homescreens. No shortcuts, no widgets, no folders, no nothing... and no way that I can see to get back to my normal profile.

I've looked at a few "profile managers" but they all seem to make their own "profiles" in a different way, and manage those. This is the profile system that is built into the operating system. I need to find a way to change back to my normal profile! I'm attaching a screenshot of what the icon looked like (lower left corner) if that helps...

Attachments

• screen2of5sm.jpg
    screen2of5sm.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 67

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones