Accidentally took a screenshot on my HTC Inspire 4G

Last Updated: 2012-12-05 21:55:58
  1. Mandroidison

Mandroidison New Member

Hello everyone,

I upgraded my HTC Inspire about a week ago with the new update that was recently released. I love the new screen graphics and the phone is a million times faster. Everything has been working fine.

Today, however, something strange happened. I was looking through my pictures from this afternoon and found a screenshot of one of my screens! My phone is not ROOTed, and I have no idea how I did it. I have tried a million apps that will allow me to take screenshots and none have worked without ROOTing.

Does anyone know how this could have happened? There has to be some new trick that was included in the recent update. I will continue to investigate, and if anyone finds anything out, please share!

Madison

Advertisement
  2. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

Holding the power and home button at the same time does it.

3. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Exactly, that
  4. kamiyu910

kamiyu910 New Member

Hi, I just accidentally took a screenshot but my finger was nowhere near the power button. I know it was around the home button but I cannot get it to replicate. Any ideas?
    Thanks
  5. crm07

crm07 New Member

Same thing happened to me. I tried pressing power button and home button at the same time but nothing happened. So I tried pressing the power button first and while holding the power button I also pressed the home button and it worked. Hope this helps you.
    kamiyu910 likes this.
  6. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

There's some apps that help you set any of your capacitive buttons, like the search button, to take a screenshot after long press.
  7. atonnis

atonnis New Member

To take a screenshot on the HTC Inspire you press and hold the power button and press the home button. Then a message will pop up at the butom saying screenshot has been saved.
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  8. tauna

tauna New Member

Thank you for posting this. It worked for on my HTC Inspire. :)
  9. MikeDevenney

MikeDevenney Member

I recently got the OTA upgrade for Sense 3.0. Since the upgrade, I can get a screenshot by holding the power button while I tap the Home button. You'll hear a double shutter click and see a message that your screenshot has been saved to Camera Shots. :)
  10. aiden1024

aiden1024 New Member

ty for this sweet little find