Accidently deleted my stock rintones, anyway to get them back?Support

Last Updated:

1. load97

load97 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Formatted my SD card yesterday and was cleaning up the internal memory of music as well since I was having issues with duplicate playlists etc. Just recieved a call today and noticed it wasn't my normal ringtone. I go to contacts(any of them) and see there is only one option for a ringtone. So unless there is a virus on my phone, I've accidently deleted my stock ringtones. Anyway to get the rintone folder back on the phone short of doing a complete reinstall of the OS?

Take it back. My ringtones are still on the phone on the internal memory. I can play them fine in Mixzing/stock player, but are not showing up when I click on contacts/ringtone etc..

I did do this yesterday: iSyncr FAQ - Basic | JRT Studio
    I have duplicate playlists and/or blank playlists on my phone, how can I fix this up?

Your phone has an internal cache where it stores this information. Sometimes this cache gets out of sync. You can delete this cache by looking for an application called "Media Store" (or similar) in "Settings->Applications->Manage Applications". You may have to press the menu button and change the filter to show all applications. Once you find "Media Store", open its options page and select "Clear Data". Then reboot the phone to force the cache to be rebuilt. Also, try searching your storage for *.m3u files, delete any of these files that are not in the "syncr" directory.

Think that has something to do with it?
    TIA!

Advertisement
  2. load97

Please move to troubleshooting, thanks!

3. load97

Figured it out myself. I never restarted the phone since yesterday. So a restart did it. The system scanner rescanned the phone contents. Doing what the Isyncr app said to do which worked, also deletes any cached phone ringtones as well, among other things.

All is well in the world.:)