• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Accidently deleted photos

thicks56

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2012
Hey,

My sister has a Samsung gs3 and just found out that all her photos have disappeared.

She thinks she might have deleted them all but doesn't remember doing it.
She only remembers making a long video and when she had finished the video hadn't saved and all of her photos were gone.

She doesn't have a memory card in the phone so all of the photos were on her phone memory,
And she doesn't have any apps that would have backed them up.

Is there anyway to recover them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Check to see if she had them sync'd via her google account. She may be able to recover them that way? I'd highly recommend installing dropbox or similar and have her automatically upload the photos via wifi - I have over 5000 photos saved via dropbox and you don't lose any quality.

Yeah, because, by default, most S3's come set to upload your photos to your google account. Oddly enough, if it is turned on, you should see them in your photo gallery, but maybe you can check the account.

Reactions: thicks56
Upvote 0
Thanks very much for the help everyone,

I have checked and her google+ was not set to back up the photo's,
So it looks like she's lost them for good.

Will be setting her up an app to back them up either dropbox or google not sure which yet.

Don't rely solely on google to store them - Use a third party app. There are so many around now, Box, Dropbox, pretty much everything with the name Cloud in it... As long as it can be accessed from a pc... That way even if the phone is stolen or damaged beyond repair you know that they aren't going to be just linked to the phone. Hence why I go with Dropbox. I'm up to my 3rd Year now using I think, and I've never struck a problem with storage or retrieval. But have a play around with a few and see which one offers the best solutions for you. Just make sure to only upload on Wifi - otherwise you may be charged for the data usage.

Another good thing about dropbox is if I drop below a certain battery percentage but still take photos it notifies me and pauses the photo uploads to save battery power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones