Accidently deleted Text Message Icon!!! Completely new to the Droid phones!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Tori.J

Tori.J New Member

Ok, my phone is VERY new, and I am VERY confused with most of it. However, on my home page there is (WAS) a text messaging icon, a voicemail icon, a browser icon, and then a market icon. Somehow a second text messaging icon showed up. So there was my normal original text message icon, and then a larger one above it. So I tried deleting one of them, it would not work, so i tried the other one, did not work. Then I turned off my phone and turned it back on and now they are both gone. I tried hitting menu, then add, then motorola widgets and then messages, but the only option for a text messaging icon is the red message icon, i was the actual text message icon, HOW DO I GET IT!!?? It's bugging me very badly. Please help!!!

2. Cubanjinx

Cubanjinx Well-Known Member

Don't add the widget add the app
  3. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Go to your app drawer (app "menu"), press and hold the messenging app you want, drag onto home screen. Once its on the screen, you can move it around and place it where you like.
    I would reccommend reading the manual that came with your phone, or at least spend some time playing around with all the settings. There are probably a lot of really cool features/setting you aren't even aware of.