Acclaim not downloading Exchange policy?

Last Updated:

1. rkplus4

rkplus4 New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody had trouble getting Exchange email on their USCC Acclaim? My company has a basic Exchange policy of having a 4 digit pin and the Acclaim I have from USCC said it wouldn't download the policy. I believe the Acclaim OS is 2.1 and we are on Exchange 2003.

Advertisement
  2. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Rkplus4, can you access your mail via OWA (Outlook Web Access) from outside your company's intranet? If so, it should be absolutely easy to access your corporate Exchange mail.

3. rkplus4

Yes we can access our email through OWA. We actually have other Android phones downloading email just fine. EVO through Sprint and Incredible through Verizon. Just having trouble with the Acclaim through USCC. I went to the local USCC store and they didn't have any answers but they said they were going to contact a data guy and see what he has to say.

4. rasmith3530

If you can access your mail through OWA, then setup should be a snap. Call the US Cellular Customer Service line and ask to be put through to DTS (Data Technical Services). The number is 888-944-9400. Don't forget to call from a phone other than your Acclaim.

5. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

Android's included Exchange support doesn't support password security policies or remote wipe. You will need a 3rd party Exchange application like Touchdown that has more robust security policy support.

6. rkplus4

Interesting, our policy looks to be working on a Sprint Evo and a Verizon Incredible with the native email app they are running OS2.1. It looks to be an issue with the Acclaim itself or USCC.

7. rasmith3530