1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

"Account could not be validated"Support

1. Magzilla07

Magzilla07 New Member

So, my brother bought me a Samsung Galaxy Precedent, and it arrived in the mail yesterday. At around 4 P.M., I finish the set-up and such for the phone, and eagerly try out my texting. It doesn't send.

My phone is for StraightTalk, and the phone came with a service card, which is already active, since on the website, it says my service end date is in January.

So, I try to call my house phone, and it rings twice, then a robot voice comes on and says "YOUR ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE VERIFIED. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE." I do just that. After a long hold, I talk to a lady and she tells me to do the UPDATE PROFILE option, which fails multiple times, no matter how good or bad of a signal I have. She is getting cross, and just tells me to wait 24 hours, and if it's not working to just get a new phone.

Perturbed, my brother looks at it and cannot figure out why it won't work, since he has the exact same phone. Well, today, I call customer service again and the man tells me to try the UPDATE PROFILE option, and, of course, it fails. He tells me to take the battery out for a minute and then pop it back in and try it again. Failure. He says to do a Factory Reset; I did and it still won't do the UPDATE PROFILE.

I am at a loss of what to do. I really want to keep this phone since my brother paid a good bit for it and it's a very nice phone. Have any of you gone through these problems? Were they ever resolved??

I eagerly await any advice you may bestow upon me.

Thank you for reading. Have a beer on me! :beerglass:

Advertisement
  2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

Hit androidarea51.com and use the irc chat their. They can help u.

Worst case secnario, root, rom, and u will be working im sure.
    zimlokks likes this.