• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accuweather No Map Display Galaxy S5

Att Galaxy S5

My accuweather app isn't working properly, or I'm missing something entirely. The large widget displays current weather info fine, when I click on it it also shows the week ahead just fine. But when I click on the accuweather logo on the bottom left corner for more details. It takes me to accuweather.com. When I'm in there, I cannot get the radar to display at all???? No map at all showing me current doplar radar.

Anyone have any ideas?

Don't use the widget. Accuweather still can't pinpoint location, and it's their GPS.
Astronomy and other weather apps have no problem. Accuweather on Android is messed up, anyway. If you look at TV and IOS, there are features included which are NOT on Android. Jet stream being one.

I bought it, and I use it, but it still falls short of expectations. I really don't need the video weather forecasts. Sometimes your area isn't even included.

Try the Quickweather App. It uses the same NWS program as the computer does. It also has a link to Wunderground, computer desktop style. Neither NWS or Wunderground for Android have all the info on mobile versions.

Upvote 0
Seems to be working now. Maybe they had a service outage yesterday. Accuweather, like all weather services, gets info from many sources, such as NOAA etc, which may not always be available.

No bud, still not working. This isn't a system glitch thing. There is either something totally wrong with the app on my phone or something. This has been happening for months. It's not a come and go type situation. It's an ALWAYS type situation. If I click on the radar icon down in maps, NOTHING comes up. The controls are there to zoom/play, but NO MAP.

Upvote 0
Don't use the widget. Accuweather still can't pinpoint location, and it's their GPS.
Astronomy and other weather apps have no problem. Accuweather on Android is messed up, anyway. If you look at TV and IOS, there are features included which are NOT on Android. Jet stream being one.

I bought it, and I use it, but it still falls short of expectations. I really don't need the video weather forecasts. Sometimes your area isn't even included.

Try the Quickweather App. It uses the same NWS program as the computer does. It also has a link to Wunderground, computer desktop style. Neither NWS or Wunderground for Android have all the info on mobile versions.

The widget was pre-installed. And it used to work. Just stopped out of nowhere. I didn't buy it either....

Upvote 0
Try using the app itself and not the widget. If it's still messed up, you can get the ad-supported version free it you want it. Delete the widget, try the app. If the app works, then re-add the widget to the desktop.

If the app came on the phone via the carrier, then it's usually tailored for their phones and service. Ask them. I've seen complaints on TMobile fora about carrier pre-installed apps messing up.

Intellicast, WU, also have free apps, and you can get their widgets.

Upvote 0
Try using the app itself and not the widget. If it's still messed up, you can get the ad-supported version free it you want it. Delete the widget, try the app. If the app works, then re-add the widget to the desktop.

If the app came on the phone via the carrier, then it's usually tailored for their phones and service. Ask them. I've seen complaints on TMobile fora about carrier pre-installed apps messing up.

Intellicast, WU, also have free apps, and you can get their widgets.

I should be much clearer... Its not the APP..... Its when I go through the app into more information by clicking on accuweather.com. When my phone gets there, there is no map display.

Works fine on desktop, just not on phone.

Upvote 0
Accuweather.com has quite a few pages. Where does it open? To a weather forecast? Do you have to enter a location? Does it have your location right? What's on the screen besides no map?
The link could be buggered.

My link on the bottom of the page for Accuweather doesn't even work. Maybe it's only for the widget.

Can you open Accuweather.com in the phone's browser? If you can see all the maps there, then it's probably their link and not your phone.

Upvote 0
Accuweather.com has quite a few pages. Where does it open? To a weather forecast? Do you have to enter a location? Does it have your location right? What's on the screen besides no map?

My link on the bottom of the page for Accuweather doesn't even work. Maybe it's only for the widget.

On the homescreen on the phone, there is a large widget that displays my local (whereever I'm actually at currently) weather. I click that, and it will bring up another full screen showing the 7 day forcast for same location. In the bottom left corner it says accuweather.com. When i click that location, it opens google to Local Weather from AccuWeather.com - Superior Accuracy™.

When I scroll down the page to the "map" icons that show radar/sat/temps, I click on the radar map. When it opens, there isn't one. It shows the buttons for zoom, play,etc.... But that is it.

Upvote 0
Someone has the wrong link. If I use the link you included on the computer, it doesn't even go to Accuweather. It's those last bits - a with the accent, comma, comma cent sign. Goes to www.ginc.com. If you take those bits off, you will get Accuweather.

ww.gingc.com/s.php?t=accuweather - Proxy - Highlight
Local Weather from AccuWeather.com - Superior Accuracy

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just type in Accuweather.com, find your local weather page and bookmark it.

If you type Accuweather in a search engine, the first thing that comes up is Accuweather.com. Not GINC.

Local Weather from AccuWeather.com - Superior Accuracy

type it in this way and leave off the funny marks at the end.

Boy... I feel this has gone way off track. I never typed anything GINC. ANYTHING. Its the way the forum is interpreting it into a URL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones