AccuWeather stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sparrow2012

Sparrow2012 Well-Known Member

Hi

I have noticed during the past couple of days that my AccuWeather will not update to the current day and weather forecast, although the time remains correct.

I've dumped it in the dustbin and then put it afresh but still the same.

So, does anyone know if there is currently a problem with AccuWeather or is this 'typical' that is has stopped working properly, or whatever?

I would appreciate some help and advice here.

Thanks very much
    Galaxy S3

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Make sure wireless networks are enabled under:

Settings > location services
  3. Sparrow2012

Thanks for responding, XplosiV

Yes, wifi is definitely on. I have tried to update it by tapping the wheelie-thing. It whirs round and round, back and forth but still ends up with the same temperature, date and time of the last update. The Clock bit continues to show the correct time.

So, I assume there are no known errors at the accuweather end?

Any suggestions as to the way forward, please post. I rather like having this one, although not essential, of course.

Thanks everyone

4. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

Accuweather wouldn't pick up my location at all.
  5. quacks

quacks Member

interesting! i had not noticed but weather was the same since i got phone. hit the refresh whirlie and it updated. woulda thought it would be automatic
  6. hjc

hjc New Member

I have had the same problem in the past few days. I rebooted and all is well.
    I hope this helps
    Sparrow2012 likes this.
  7. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

If your still having issues, try this.

Goto settings > Location Services > Untick "Wifi Locations"

Goto Settings > Security & Lock Screen > Lock Screen Options > Slide Weather Off > Slide Weather back on and Agree to terms for Wifi Networks again.

This should at least refresh the accuweather lock screen widget if your using that one.
  8. Sparrow2012

Thanks very much, hjc - you were spot on!!! and to XplosiV, for your suggestion

In fact, I decided to start with hjc's suggestion to reboot, mainly because it was the simplest to do, with the view I would proceed to XplosiV's plan, if needed.

The re-boot worked a treat. I feel a bit stupid as I should have thought of trying that. Had it been something that wasn't working properly on my PC, that is one of the first things I try!

However, it's done the trick. I will keep a note of your suggestion, though, XplosiV, just in case I need to do something again. I will also check all my settings, just to make sure there is nothing there to cause a hiccough.

So, thanks a million, guys!
  9. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone resolved this accuweather not doing current location?
    I don't have most of the options mentioned above!
    My dad has a Samsung phone and tablet, that both fail to update to such, and I believe that they are both correctly set-up.....I assume that this is (another) Samsung android issue.....as I have had 3 HTCs that don't have this issue!
    HELP......