• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AccuWeather stopped working

Hi

I have noticed during the past couple of days that my AccuWeather will not update to the current day and weather forecast, although the time remains correct.

I've dumped it in the dustbin and then put it afresh but still the same.

So, does anyone know if there is currently a problem with AccuWeather or is this 'typical' that is has stopped working properly, or whatever?

I would appreciate some help and advice here.

Thanks very much
Galaxy S3

Hi

I have noticed during the past couple of days that my AccuWeather will not update to the current day and weather forecast, although the time remains correct.

I've dumped it in the dustbin and then put it afresh but still the same.

So, does anyone know if there is currently a problem with AccuWeather or is this 'typical' that is has stopped working properly, or whatever?

I would appreciate some help and advice here.

Thanks very much
Galaxy S3

Make sure wireless networks are enabled under:

Settings > location services

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding, XplosiV

Yes, wifi is definitely on. I have tried to update it by tapping the wheelie-thing. It whirs round and round, back and forth but still ends up with the same temperature, date and time of the last update. The Clock bit continues to show the correct time.

So, I assume there are no known errors at the accuweather end?

Any suggestions as to the way forward, please post. I rather like having this one, although not essential, of course.

Thanks everyone

http://androidforums.com/members/xplosiv.html

Upvote 0
Thanks very much, hjc - you were spot on!!! and to XplosiV, for your suggestion

In fact, I decided to start with hjc's suggestion to reboot, mainly because it was the simplest to do, with the view I would proceed to XplosiV's plan, if needed.

The re-boot worked a treat. I feel a bit stupid as I should have thought of trying that. Had it been something that wasn't working properly on my PC, that is one of the first things I try!

However, it's done the trick. I will keep a note of your suggestion, though, XplosiV, just in case I need to do something again. I will also check all my settings, just to make sure there is nothing there to cause a hiccough.

So, thanks a million, guys!

Upvote 0
Has anyone resolved this accuweather not doing current location?
I don't have most of the options mentioned above!
My dad has a Samsung phone and tablet, that both fail to update to such, and I believe that they are both correctly set-up.....I assume that this is (another) Samsung android issue.....as I have had 3 HTCs that don't have this issue!
HELP......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones