Accuweather widget not refreshing...Support

1. DougieCM

DougieCM Member

Auto refresh is set to every hour however it does not seem to update...

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. medionpva

medionpva Well-Known Member

Is your GPS on?

There a a few threads wit the same issue, most had there gps off.
  3. DougieCM

DougieCM Member

GPS and sync was on.

Managed to find a thread about the same problem on the XDA developers forum.

Just needed to go into the "Weather Main" app settings and clear the data.

That's another bugbear ironed out :)
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

You don't need GPS...
    Quite often Accu will display a banner apologising for update problems.
  5. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Mine seems to update as long as "wireless networks" is on. My Gps is only on when needed, which is rarely.
  6. DougieCM

DougieCM Member

It would appear that the fault is recreated by rebooting the device or switching it on and off.

Clearing the weather main and weather daemon data will solve the problem but it shouldn't have to be this way.

Beautiful widgets it may be until this is sorted one way or another...
  7. Ross95655

Ross95655 New Member

Didn't work on my device. I have GPS and Sync on, WiFi off, cleared the daemon data and main weather app data - still doesn't update. It still thinks it's the 18th.
  8. sarimazeem

sarimazeem Member

my 3 day old htc desire's weather widget stop working, also when im in main weather menu im not able to open setting when i try to ooen thecsetting the setting page flashs for millisecond and gets off and phone is also being vary laggy......when i jump from any app to home screen it takes almost 3 seconds to load home screen's app shortcuts, many widgets dont go to main screen (one) of the home page.............plz help me.........