1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Acer 2.2 Leak :)

1. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Newest Build:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (FOR LIQUID E (512MB RAM) ONLY)

Here is a modified version by mcboydesign to work with Liquid A1 (256MB RAM)- Mc Boy Design Blog Archive [ACER LIQUID] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

To install:
    1) Make sure you have Acer Liquid drivers installed- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    AcerLiquidDrivers.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (Mirror)
    2) Download the Acer Liquid A1 Download Tool- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    3) Unpack the Acer A1 Download Tool. And run the Acer Download Tool (IMPORTANT: For Windows 7/Windows Vista, make sure to right click it and Run As Administrator).
    4) Click Browse and select the .bin file you downloaded. It will start flashing the ROM, if the phone turns off during this process, there is a good chance it can become an expensive paperweight (the odds of it happening are low, but there is risk involved)
    --If something happens, the phone can be unplugged (though it says it cannot) BUT DO NOT TURN OFF THE DEVICE.

Advertisement
    :
  2. HustlinDaily

This leak was provided by LIQUID_USER (like many
  3. corypi

corypi Well-Known Member

is this safe? will it void my warenty
  4. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

^

Yes to both questions
  5. HustlinDaily

Yeah there have been a very low # of cases of upgrading using these tools going wrong (I don't know of any which have been completely bricked). So I think it is safe (infact, I just turned on the Acer tool, left my room for half hour, came back and FroYo).

In terms of warranty: while this ROM is by Acer, it is a beta test ROM and not officially released to the public. So installing it does void your warranty. However, in most cases (assuming the phone is able to at least get into recovery or bootloader), you can easily flash back stock ROM to send it in for warranty repair).
  6. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

There has been one case of 'bricked' phone with this ROM but it seem that the phone may have other problems.

The phone was one day old and he updated the ROM even before using the phone. It maybe the phone was bad to start with.
  7. HustlinDaily

My bad. Thank you. Yeah it is safe for the most part. I have flashed at least 10 bins (before
  8. mondobot

mondobot New Member

will this work for rogers LE with 2.1 on it
    ?
  9. weizz

weizz New Member

this is a europe version? it is safe if i used to asian liquid e version?
  10. HustlinDaily

Yes. Using the Acer Download Tool, region of ROM does not matter.

Btw, a newer build of the leak is expected to release within the next couple of days (possibly even today). Might be a good idea to just wait.
  11. Atrion

Atrion Member

If I update to this on my Roger's Liquid E, Can I Then Root it again in the same fashion as I did when it was on 2.1?
  12. HustlinDaily

13. Atrion

Atrion Member

I'm fairly new to this whole thing, but that superuser link seems to be for an app that you install after you have already rooted phone, and from what I understand BusyBox Adds support for certain commands that may be needed for apps that require root.

So if I am right (and I very well may not be) do I still root my hone the same way I did on 2.1 (I kept my stock rogers android Rom, and just rooted it through flashing the recovery image I believe it was)
  14. HustlinDaily

I do not know that if it works with FroYo.

I rooted my phone (older FroYo leak) by flashing a .zip which included the Superuser update.zip and my phone has root.

Try this:
    0) Install the newest malezrecovery (0.6)
    1) Create a nandroid backup.
    2) Flash the superuser.zip
    3) Go to the root menu and check if your phone is rooted (it should be)

If it isn't rooted, post back here and I'll see if I can find you an alternative.

And yes, you are exactly right on BusyBox.
  15. HustlinDaily

Been reading up on MoDaCo, and MalezRecovery CAN root FroYo.

Just create a Nandroid backup first.
  16. HustlinDaily

If you do root, here is a list of apps which you can remove (Acer adds ALOT of bloatware)- [LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM - Android @ MoDaCo

Going to warn you, removing AcerLauncher will get a bunch of Force Closes BUT when you reboot, it should be fine.
  17. Atrion

Atrion Member

kk. Will have to do a little reading before I try this, I am completely new to Android and only rooted my phone a week or 2 ago. Dont wanna end up making myself a paperweight lol
  18. Atrion

Atrion Member

One Last quick question, is there anything in this new rom that is not functioning>?
  19. HustlinDaily

In terms of hardware, everything works (camera/camcorder, Bluetooth, haptic feedback, proximity sensor, LEDs, etc, everything).

The "Device Information" in Settings-->About Phone does not show anything (very minor problem). Also Google Navigaton volume is very low (this was a problem in Acer's
  20. Atrion

Atrion Member

Ok well those problems all seem manageable. With the few problems you mentioned that could happen to the Liquid E when applying this Rom, you said there is a possibility of Bricking, will this type "bricking" be solvable if I have a Nandroid backup or if it bricked it would it be completely dead?

Also do you know if this app lifehacker mentions will Root the Acer Liquid E with this Rom?
    http://lifehacker.com/5642797/universal-androot-roots-most-android-phones-no-pc-or-hacking-required

PS> Thanks for being patient and helping out a n00b
  21. HustlinDaily

If you connect the phone (recommended is at least 60% battery, I like to do it on a full charge to be safe) and run the download tool (assuming you have the drivers installed) and not touch the phone until the download tool tells you can can unplug the phone, you will be fine.

As far as bricking goes, it can happen but is unlikely. If it is soft bricked (some response), it can be brought back (don't think I have heard of a case where it has not). Hard bricked usually means dead (I believe there has been one or two cases of this reported on MoDaCo). If something does happen, just post on MoDaCo and somebody who has been through a similar experience might be able to help you out. I have flashed many (around 10) firmwares using this tool (used to be alot of Eclair leaks before the official release) and zero problems (one time I thought I had a problem, unplugged it (which was dangerous, should not have done that) and replugged it and it was fine).
  22. Atrion

Atrion Member

23. HustlinDaily