• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer 2.2 Leak :)

HustlinDaily

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Newest Build:
Liquid A1 (256MB RAM) ONLY- http://www.mcboydesign.fr/?p=109

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (FOR LIQUID E (512MB RAM) ONLY)

To install:

1) Make sure you have Acer Liquid drivers installed- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
AcerLiquidDrivers.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (Mirror)
2) Download the Acer Liquid A1 Download Tool- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
3) Unpack the Acer A1 Download Tool. And run the Acer Download Tool (IMPORTANT: For Windows 7/Windows Vista, make sure to right click it and Run As Administrator).
4) Click Browse and select the .bin file you downloaded. It will start flashing the ROM, if the phone turns off during this process, there is a good chance it can become an expensive paperweight (the odds of it happening are low, but there is risk involved)
--If something happens, the phone can be unplugged (though it says it cannot) BUT DO NOT TURN OFF THE DEVICE.

Reactions: DARSHZ
New leak

LIQUID_USER (his donation link is in the second post on this thread) released a new leak. 4.504.

He is claiming Quadrant scores in the 700s and the baseband A1-05.01.05

Here is a modified version by mcboydesign to work with Liquid A1 (256MB RAM)- Mc Boy Design Blog Archive [ACER LIQUID] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

If you have a Liquid E check this out- Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (FOR LIQUID E (512MB RAM) ONLY)

Upvote 0
New leak

LIQUID_USER (his donation link is in the second post on this thread) released a new leak. 4.504.

He is claiming Quadrant scores in the 700s and the baseband A1-05.01.05

Here is a modified version by mcboydesign to work with Liquid A1 (256MB RAM)- Mc Boy Design Blog Archive [ACER LIQUID] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

If you have a Liquid E check this out- Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (FOR LIQUID E (512MB RAM) ONLY)

Bro,

The Liquid 4.504b.00 EMEA-GEN1 works fine........for A1:D
2 missing support,
--> No chinese input (Net surfing communication used)
--> Not sure why Flash Player 10.1 not working for Froyo..

Upvote 0
Yeah the first link is for A1 and the second one for E. I too am using this leak with LCR-F 1.1.2 on top and no problems with flash player. Maybe you should consider trying LCR

Thks btw. Just check MY site no update OS since Sept 2010 for 2.1.
Not sure Liquid E 2.2 comparable for A1 if official site are really for update ?

LCR ?? how to do it...? Sorry nuts for Android...biginner hee...hee..

Upvote 0
Hey, I am new to Android, Please help me, I have a Acer Liquid S100 with 2.1 Eclair OS, I want to upgrade it to 2.2 Froyo, Please help me.

My Specifications are as follows :

Acer APN Version : 1.96-3
Product SKU : AAP_GEN2
Device info version : 2.1
Manufacturer : Acer
Model ID : LiquidE
CPU vendor : Qualcomm
CPU speed : 768
CPU version : 8250
ROM size : 512
RAM Size : 256
Horizontal Pixels : 480
Vertical Pixels : 800

Firmware version : 2.1-update1
Baseband version : A1-04.01.05
Kernel version : 2.6.29
Build number : Acer_LiquidE_2.100.19_AAP_GEN2

Please reply as early as possible...

Thanks in advance.....

Upvote 0
Hey, so you have 256MB of RAM meaning you have a Liquid A1.

Acer has not officially released 2.2 for this phone HOWEVER there is an easy way to flash the Liquid E ROM onto the Liquid A1 and everything (all hardware) works well. Note that doing this does not root your device but does void your warranty (though if your device works and you need warranty repair, best way would be to re-flash Eclair AAP-GEN2. However, I do not think that there is still warranty for a phone this old, not entirely sure tho).

Instructions:
Go to this site and find 4.002.14.EMEA (for Liquid 256MB). It should be near the bottom.- Acer Liquid and Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo

Follow this tutorial to flash the .bin file- [TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E - Android @ MoDaCo

If anything goes wrong, refer to this - [TIP] Dont try to restart phone during flash if it looses connection, or u will have a bricked liquid! [MOD PLEASE STICKY!] - Android @ MoDaCo (infact, read that before you begin imo).

And that will get FroYo on your phone. Btw, on first boot, the phone will boot into Acer UI. Play around with it, see if you like it, and if you do not go into Settings-->Applications-->User Interface-->Android UI to switch back to standard Android UI.

Also if you are interested in rooting the device afterwards, check out this Ultimate Liquid Guide by Dario- The ULTIMATE Liquid thread - Android @ MoDaCo

Best of luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones