1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Acer A500 wifi connectionSupport

1. acord

acord New Member

I have 2 acer iconia a500 tablets. One is connected to our wifi, and never has any problems, while the other won't connect. It says our internet is disabled, and we tryed it with a different router, and it still didn't work. We have been trying to get it to connect for 4 days. Any suggestions? Please and thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Try entering the static IP address pf the Router
  3. acord

acord New Member

It says it is "obtaining IP address", then it says it "remembered with WEP", when it's trying to connect. Then it's as if it can't connect, and it says "Disabled, secured with WEP". But, it won't let me enter anything. Thanks, for the advice, I really appreciate it, I can't figure out what the problem is with it.
  4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you typed your passphrase incorrectly, which is easy to do on the soft keyboard.
    Try "forget settings" and re-enter.
  5. acord

acord New Member

Well, I tried that, and entered the password multiple times, and it keeps saying the internet is disabled. Maybe I'm just making a simple mistake, I don't know what else it could be, & thanks for the advice.
  6. al2fast

al2fast Well-Known Member

did you try using the reset button next to the usb port? This will NOT wipe your apps or anything off of your tab.
  7. Heatherww

Heatherww New Member

My Acer a500 wi-fi at my house is trying to connect never does, took it to two seperate places with wi-fi and connected there. What am I doing wrong...
  8. 3rdfairway

3rdfairway New Member

Reboot your router...that worked for me.
  9. babswade

babswade New Member

I have been having this trouble since Xmas when I had my tablet. I eventually found the cure on a forum yesterday. Go into your broadband settings (the way into mine is to type 192.18.0.1). Change the settings to a channel from 1-11, it seems the A500 does not pick up on higher channels (mine was set at 13 originally). Hey presto, instant internet access. Hope this helps.
  10. terraplas

terraplas New Member

I got my new Acer 500 yesterday, it says I am connected to Wi Fi but whenever I try to access any apps it tells me I don't have a connection. It allowed me to complete my acer registration. I am very confused by some of the posts, some say to reboot the tablet (which I could probably do) and others say to change the IP address...I really have no clue how (or where) to do that. Anyone out there can explain what to do in language I can understand? :confused:
  11. carington

carington New Member

I had this issue. It is an issue with some builds of the O/S. Acer have released a patch which worked for me. I'll post the link in another post.
  12. carington

carington New Member

13. chismay

chismay Well-Known Member

Just a theory but if you go to the wireless connection list find your wifi-hub hold finger on name until menu comes up I may say forget..or enable? Long shot but worth a try
  14. jimjeffcoat

jimjeffcoat Active Member

I was unable to connect to my dad's wireless router when visiting a couple of weeks ago. However, I found the following thread on a different board:

How-To: Resolve 'Wifi Issue' With a Static IP Address

Wish I had seen that when I was there, looks like it may have helped.
  15. tr777ple

tr777ple New Member

16. gitfiddle

gitfiddle Member

I had an Acer Iconia Tab and had the same trouble with the wifi connection. I even called the company and they walked me through resets and other things that didn't help. I finally found out that the password to the router security is not what the Tab was looking for. Instead of the password I used the WEP Key. Now it works great. Hope this helps.
    kenji57 likes this.
  17. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that tip gitfiddle. I had never considered the potential confusion with the router admin password and the wifi access WEP passkey - could help a lot of people
  18. gitfiddle

gitfiddle Member

You're welcome kenji57. It is something that is so simple that it can become complicated. I only hope that the people who make and sell these products will learn about this so that when a customer contacts them, it would be one of the first considerations.
  19. ivibe

ivibe New Member

I took my A500 for a ride in the car to try to "auto connect". Got nothing. Used to work GREAT. Put on a passpattern , promptly forgot what it was, now stuck with bricked A500. Was downloading when it went off. Tried everything. Now trying the wireless guessing game. And, did the push button reset, got dead android, safe mode, enter google password (have 2 google profiles linked to it, purchased new, same week went out of warranty. Single user, had used PdaNet and FoxFi, seems they changed or consolidated companies. Tried USB connection, tried USB keyboard (got different lock without results). Broke down and tried the "push the paperclip" into the reset hole and all it does is turn off and back on. I'm miffed. I will PAY for results. Any takers? This is unrooted, had updated to Honeycomb 3.2 (I believe). Has many icons in status bar. My Asus K50ij has no Bluetooth. I have no phone which was what I used to use to connect but interesting that StraightTalk unlimited isn't unlimited and in fact do monitor all use. The voice bot which called me said I didn't turn off FaceBook but in fact was playing poker (disabled, bedridden, sleep eludes me so I play Rubicks Cube and Poker sometimes all night). So, good luck and I do see it has been a year since you posted. My warranty ran out in February 2013. I've been on every site, contacted every support I can find, had grand conversations with good and ugly CSR's from every continent. So, suggestions? (a little grey-haired old lady) with Smiles 4 Miles