Acer Iconia A500 won't bootSupport

Last Updated: 2012-07-11 22:07:19
  1. fartsman

fartsman New Member

Alright, I bought the A500 on May 2nd and have absolutely loved it. However last week I was minding my own business, posting on Facebook and such when out of the blue my widgets started acting a bit odd...like disappearing when I touch them and then not letting me re-add them to the screen because "there was no space available" though there clearly was. I thought a reboot might solve this! It didn't. Now my A500 won't boot. It gets stuck on the ANDROID screen and stays there forever. I can't return it to best buy because I've had it for more than 2 weeks and I tried contacting Acer since it is still under warranty but their technical support is absolutely horrible. They actually told me to try doing a factory reset from the app menu. How am I to do that when it can't boot, ya idiots?

Anyway, has anyone heard of this? I don't have time to scour the forums today and my time is limited since I have exactly 1 day to fedex it back to Acer for a problem they deem as a hardware issue. I am unrooted with the stock ROM. I tried rebooting with the volume up button held but that seems to try to recover from the SD card, which I do not have. Any ideas? I could get an SD card and flash a ROM but does anybody have the stock acer honeycomb ROM? I'd like to keep it under warranty while I can.

Advertisement
  2. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

Glad that worked and that's good info to know.

Just curious, what is the reset hole to the left of the USB for? Anyone have any ideas?
  3. PeteDee

PeteDee Well-Known Member

4. fartsman

fartsman New Member

It does a hard reset if the tablet becomes unresponsive and holding the power button doesn't work.
    deedub likes this.
  5. greganddrena

greganddrena New Member

anyone figure out how to turn on the device when it will not come on lol