Acer Liquid a success

Last Updated:

1. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

source: Acer raises 2010 handset shipment forecast to 3 million units, says paper

I got this phone about a week ago, it's definitely the best value in unlocked Android phones on the market right now.

Advertisement
  2. Lancewood

Lancewood Active Member

Not sure the same can be said ib ASEAN markets. The Liquid is almost non-existence. Frankly who would buy it if the Milestone is slightly cheaper, has waaay better build and comes with 2.1?
  3. audiobastard

audiobastard New Member

the simple reason is superior hardware.
  4. Lancewood

Lancewood Active Member

Malaysian outright (NO CONTRACT)purchase prices :
    Acer Liquid - Approx USD685
    Moto Milestone - Approx USD654

If you have ever hold both simultaneously and compare the build quality, the Liquid creaks and flexes compared to the solid Moto build. It isnt hard to make a decision if i had to make a purchase choice - Milestone for sho.

After 6 months of daily use the Liquid rear cover is showing hairline cracks along the lower 'Power' button cutout due to the need to open the rear cover to swap sims.
  5. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

Speaking as a U.S. customer, it's $380 shipped (Liquid A1), vs $530 for Nexus One, and about the same for Droid (Milestone). I also notice the plastic body creaks a little, but from all the plasticky phones I've used in the past, they're just as durable as long as one doesn't abuse it. I prefer lighter weight than a solid heavy feeling phone.
  6. Lancewood

Lancewood Active Member

hence different region different opinions.