• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Liquid E Phone Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustlinDaily

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
GENERAL:
Acer Liquid Manual
Acer Liquid USB Driver
Acer Liquid E Specs
The Ultimate Liquid Guide - MoDaCo
Android Forums FAQ
General Android Phone FAQ's
What is rooted/does being rooted mean?

FIRMWARE UPGRADES:
Here is the webpage for all Liquid E firmware upgrades. I recommend you bookmark the page and check it out every once in a while to see if Acer issues an upgrade for your region (to find out your region, go to Settings --> About Phone -->Device Information--> Product SKU. You should see something which says EMEA.XXXX, Europe/Middle East/Africa or AAP.XXXX, Asia/Asia Pacific and I think it is PA.ROG for Canadian carrier, Rogers Wireless)- Acer Liquid E Firmware Upgrades

If you want to upgrade the firmware for a firmware of a different region, you must use the Acer download tool. Note: this tool is far from perfect (while I and many other users have done this many times and never had any problems with it, some users have) and do this at your own risk. If your computer turns off during this process, there is a chance something bad can happen to your device. Note that this works on Windows computers only (I believe same is the case for the above installer). Credits to Malez for this guide:
1) Make sure you have Acer Liquid drivers installed
2) Download the Acer Liquid Download Tool- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
3) Find the .bin
4) Unpack it and run the Acer Download Tool (IMPORTANT: For Windows 7/Windows Vista, make sure to right click it and Run As Administrator).
5) Click Browse and select the .bin file you downloaded. You might get an MD5 error, ignore that and flash the ROM. It will start flashing the ROM
--If something happens, the phone can be unplugged (though it says it cannot) BUT DO NOT TURN OFF THE DEVICE.

COMMON BUGS:
The only bug I know of (not all phones have this, I am one of the unlucky few) is one which causes your phone to freeze up while in standby if switching between 2G/3G/WiFi. The workaround for this bug is to force 2G only or 3G only on your phone (depending on whether or not you get 3G coverage in your area). You can do this by accessing the Testing Menu (dial *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer) and clicking on Phone Information. You can make a shortcut on your homescreen to this menu using AnyCut/BetterCut or by downloading TestingShortcut from the market.

If you know of any more, please feel free to post it on this board.

TIPS & TRICKS:
Task Killers (Credits to Vmanisme, I have come to the same conclusion):
--Because of the way Linux systems work it is not recommended to use any task killer, memory freeing tools, things like that. I tested this myself the phone does run better and gets better battery life without task killers.

Custom Wallpapers:
Make sure the size is 960x800. To set it as wallpaper (assuming you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones