• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Liquid E3 FAQ's

The FAQ

Android Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2013
Acer Liquid E3 FAQ

Updated May 29th, 2014

Greetings fellow members! This post will be updated as the forum grows to include links on common issues and FAQ's for the Acer Liquid E3. If you have anything you think should be added please feel free post here: Private chat with Staff members. In addition, If you have any of your own FAQ's, tips, tricks, or suggestions please feel free to post them below. We are looking to expand this FAQ and with your help; turn it into one of the most comprehensive guides at Android Forums.

Useful links:

• None as of yet

FAQ Section:

General Acer Liquid E3 Forum FAQ:

1. General Android phone FAQ's?
2. How can I improve my battery life?
3. Are there any Acer Liquid E3 Tips & Tricks?
4. What are the known problems with the Acer Liquid E3?
5. Forum related questions.
6. What is root?/What does being rooted mean?

Q: General Android phone FAQ's?
A: Here is a thread on general Android Phone FAQ's

Q: How can I improve my battery life?
A: Smartphones operate on a sort of spectrum. On one end you could put battery life, on the other end all those options like wifi/3g/4g sync (among other things). If you want great battery life you can't have those on all the time. If you want those on all the time, you won't get great battery life. It is best to find the compromise that works best for you and what you want most out of your phone. Here are a couple of things that you could consider - adjust the screen brightness, do not use live wallpapers, switch off networks when not in use (WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS), adjust update intervals for widgets (do you really need twitter/facebook notifications every half hour?). You could also consider downloading a battery monitoring app such as JuiceDefender.

Q: Are there any Acer Liquid E3 Tips & Tricks?
A: For any tips, if you use the "filter by" and select "Tips" in the sub-forum, you will get many useful tips and tricks.

Q: What are some of the problems people have with their Acer Liquid E3?
A: For any problems and their solutions, if you use the "filter by" and select "Support" in the sub-forum for useful information.

Q: I have a question about how to do something around the forums.
A: Here is a FAQ devoted entirely to that: Android Forums FAQ

Q: What is root?/What does being rooted mean?
A: Here is a post explaining that: What is rooted/does being rooted mean?
Here is a link to the
devices "All Things Root Guide" sticky: http://androidforums.com/liquid-e3-all-things-root/850003-acer-liquid-e3-all-things-root-guide.html

Additional links:

• None as of yet

Hi NorrieP. I had same problem with my Acer E3 and WhatsApp. My solution was to open WhatsApp and use the icon to record video and then record your video and send. This way the vid sends ok!
Not sure if it's a universal problem attaching prerecorded video to WhatsApp or a prob with the E3.

Hope this helps.

Edit: after some Googling it would appear it happens on a lot of phones. The answer seems to be to reduce the video quality from FINE to HIGH.

Reactions: NorrieP
Upvote 0
Hi NorrieP. I had same problem with my Acer E3 and WhatsApp. My solution was to open WhatsApp and use the icon to record video and then record your video and send. This way the vid sends ok!
Not sure if it's a universal problem attaching prerecorded video to WhatsApp or a prob with the E3.

Hope this helps.

Edit: after some Googling it would appear it happens on a lot of phones. The answer seems to be to reduce the video quality from FINE to HIGH.

Hi, spinecho

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you and thanks for your advice.

I'm not sure I'll be attempting this with an Acer again anyway as today it failed me again for the SECOND time since I took out the contract three and a half months ago!!! Screen is not showing. I think I'll take it back to the Three shop and ask them to give me another make of phone as this Acer is not fit for purpose.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones