• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Liquid flaws(?)

n1tro

Dec 27, 2009
Anyone notice this on their Liquids?

1. while texting (sms or email), app sometimes just minimizes or closes (?) and you jump back out to the desktop making you have to reopen what you are doing to conitinue typing?

2. while surfing and pressing too close to the right side of screen, acer's task manager pops up letting you switch to other running apps?

Is there some kind of hidden screen tap or area that I am mistakenly pressing to be causing these annoyances?? Checking the manual and searching the internet reviews nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think I know what the problem is. Got my hands on another Acer Liquid and noticed something different right away....the 2nd Liquid I got has 5 desktops I can switch to while my original Liquid only had 3 destops in total. Looking at the verisons of the phone, this is what it says.

original Liquid (buggy) - baseband A1-01.02.01 kernel 2.6.29 build 1.002.03_EMEA_GEN1

new Liquid - baseband A1-01.01.01 kernel 2.6.29 build 1.001.05_AAP_CSL

Even though both phones are made in the same month (Nov 09), it seems Acer is loading different system firmware on the phones!

Upvote 0
Been using the asia version of the Liquid for a day now with all the same apps installed as in my old euro version. Most noticable is the better battery life. I have a currency and weather widget running and thought those were the culprits for my euro Liquid lasting for about 16hrs. Been going about 20hrs now and still at 60% battery life. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones