Acer Liquid turns hot after half an hour using and takes a long time to recharge?

Last Updated:

1. topifone

topifone New Member

I've got this 2nd Acer Liquid from a guy in a web site (he used it only for 1.5 month before selling it). I've read very good comments about A1 before chosing this one but when I got it in my hand, I found something that I haven't read before:

- Normal usage is ok, but when I play games or use it continously for half an hour or more (download software, browse web, ...), the phone turns really hot at the lower body (both back and front side). Once time, I even saw the battery icon turns to red as a kind of warning, I guess?

- To recharge the phone, it takes so long! 2h for 50% battery!

So I want to ask you who buy a new A1 have the same problems?

Advertisement
  2. Lancewood

Lancewood Active Member

Yes the liquid tends to warm up at the lower back half and once that happens, theres no way you can recharge it till it cools down. Feedback from acer engineers theres a temp sensor right behind the battery and if the temp goes above 40c...it'll stop charging. I think that maybe is one of the reason Acer didnt really launch this model worldwide?
    topifone likes this.
  3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Phones with Snapdragon chips in them get warm. The Desire does it; the Nexus does it. I wouldn't worry. My Nexus takes about two hours to charge to full.
    topifone likes this.
  4. j0sh

j0sh New Member

i've same problem... my a1 turns hot when i use it for an half hour but i can full recharge it in 1-2 hours
  5. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

The warmness from the bottom half of the phone seems to be where the CPU is, which is understandable since it's a fast processor. The battery getting warm would be more of a concern and should only happen during fast charging.

As for charge time, I've heard that if you use the USB cable from a laptop/computer, it charges slower than from a wall socket.
  6. topifone

topifone New Member

In my case, wall socket or laptop are the same. Nearly 4h for full charged :(
    Should I call to warranty?
  7. Jayziac

Jayziac Well-Known Member

4h to charge fully sounds about right actually, any faster and it would be dangerous or shorten the lifespan of the battery.