• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acer Liquid Z5 Z150 (ASIA) instable after root?

robitobi

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
Hello guys.

I bought a Acer Liquid Z5 Z150 in asia.
I rooted the device with Framaroot 1.9.1. and Boromir.
But maybe since this the mobile restarts sometimes new. I don't know why.
Restart in different apps and situations. Maybe in apps who need a lot of memory?

At first making newest updates (3 updates), but this not help.
Unfortunately the Framaroot exploit does not work again after update.

Then i want go back to the original acer stock rom.
Loaded from Acer and copy to sd card.
But in the installation process i get a error message that this rom cannot finit install process.
Try the original ROM from AIS - it works, but the same - mobile was not stable.

New experiment:
I was complete clear the cache and recover the mobile with boot menue.
Check mobile: works better and mostly stable.
Then i'm rooted the device with RootGenius. This was successful.
Have Kinguser Su-Tool and a chinese app named com.wandoujia.phoenix2 Ver 4.8.1 on my mobile.
Are this tools o.k.? Mobile is better and mostly stable now, but not everytime. Same problem with some apps. E.g. Skype or apps who need communication?

Is it possible to check the hardware, e.g. stresstest?
What can i do to install the original stock rom from acer. Or should i hold the AIS stock rom (Acer.AV052.Z150.1.014.00.EMEA.GEN1_A42J_Ais?
Have the app Terminal Emulator on my mobile.

Robitobi :(

Reactions: GJ22
Hey,

I have recently bought the same device.
There is a problem with a micro usb flash drive I want to connect to it.
The flash drive works fine on my PC, haven't had a chance to try it on other android devices, but when I plug it in to my device nothing happens. The drive doesn't show up in my file manager.

In some video concerning USB OTG the guy shows permissions...
I was thinking of rooting my device and fxing the usb.host permission thing, but I have no idea how to do this since I am a huge android noob.
Another reason I want to root my device is mainly to get rid of the preinstalled crapware that diminishes battery life. But I have no clue what can be deleted without putting the system at risk nor the easiest and safest way to do so.

Do you know how to fix the usb issues with or without rooting?
Please let me know!

Before I start fiddling and possibly breaking my device, I need to know what to do.
I am searching for some tutorial that can guide me through the rooting safely and the process of fixing the micro usb issues and the deleting of crapware.
If I find out how to, I'll probably use RootGenuis because you stated it works relatively well on this device.
Unless I stumble upon a better way, which I'll share.

Finally, thanks for sharing your experience Robitobi.
I hope you have made sufficient back-ups. Because then you could reset everything to factory settings right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones