Acer Liquide E....i messed up

Last Updated:

1. andymazdamp3

andymazdamp3 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok...so I was reading and trying to root my phone and used the acer install tool...and got confused...I must have installed another version of the 2.1 rom...cause when it was done doing it's thing ...the rogers boot up screen was gone and so was all the rogers apps...anyway to put it back? I am finding the rooting process way too confusing...I am not a computer programmer and can't make heads or tales of the instructions...Did i just void my warranty by doing what I did? I thought I had rooted it however can't seem to run any of the rooted apps so I guess I just put another version of 2.1..Please help...I am so stressed out about this...thanks

Advertisement
  2. andymazdamp3

Ok...so what is the stock baseband version for the Rogers liquid e?

I now have A1-04.02.01

Oh and what is the stock build number?

I have :

Acer_liquide_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1

I imagine what came with the phone is not what I now have...Please help...

Oh and when 2.2 is released from Rogers...will this fix my issue? Will I get back my rogers crapware? lol...I just don't want to void my warranty or if I am going to void it ...I would rather understand how to root and manage to get it done...Again...I am sorry for the newbie questions and hope to get some much needed help..

Thanks

3. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

Stock on the Roger's is

APN 1.60

Firmware 2.1 Update 1

Baseband A1-04.01.01

Kernal 2.6.29

Build No. Acer_LiquidE 1.100.03_PA_ROG

As for 2.2 it is due late October so we should see it by Oct 2011 knowing Rogers :)

4. andymazdamp3

Ok...thanks...So i now have 1.61 APN...

So did I mess it up bad? it also seems to be unlocked now...lol...Is there anyway to put it back to the rogers one? Did I end up putting the Europian version or something? What should I do? thanks

5. gwilo

gwilo Well-Known Member

The only app worth keeping from Rogers is 'Doc To Go' and maybe 'My Account' other than that you are not missing anything.

Roger Navigation (GPS) actuall blocks Google Nav.

You can try acer.ca support ( Service & Support )

Other than that you can wait till Rogers releases 2.2 and flash/update to that.

6. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

There is no official Rogers bin available. The only way to get the Rogers baseband back is by installing an older European leak (0.016 I think) and using somebody's backup of the Rogers firmware. If you want to return to Rogers firmware (don't see any purpose except for warranty repairs), read post #11 of this thread- Acer Lquid E ROM upgrade? - Android @ MoDaCo

You switched to an old European 2.1 firmware. This firmware does have bugs (for example, SMS takes forever to load). I would recommend flashing a different European firmware (the 2.2 leak 4.503 is good for the most part, minor WiFi bug sometimes requiring rebooting to use WiFi but aside from that, has been great for me. In terms of European 2.1 firmwares, 2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1 was pretty good for me)- Acer Liquid & Liquid E ALL ROMs bin extract collection - Android @ MoDaCo

As far as the rooting process goes, what do you need help with exactly? Just install malezrecovery, reboot into malezrecovery, go into the root menu and root the phone.