• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

acer vs hp vs dell vs PB vs ALIENWARE vs levono

Ha ha. They're all using standard RAM and CPUs so how one can be more powerful seems a bit odd

I totally see your point so dont get me wrong here ;)

Let's take a $700 CDN (approx.) laptop ...one made by Lenovo with an i5, 4GB RAM, 5400RPM drive and the other brand is say, Acer with an i5, 4GB RAM and a 7200RPM drive. Of course, the Acer will be faster but maybe it skimped on the build quality or screen quality or something else.

Upvote 0
I totally see your point so dont get me wrong here ;)

Let's take a $700 CDN (approx.) laptop ...one made by Lenovo with an i5, 4GB RAM, 5400RPM drive and the other brand is say, Acer with an i5, 4GB RAM and a 7200RPM drive. Of course, the Acer will be faster but maybe it skimped on the build quality or screen quality or something else.

Yes but he didn't state more powerful for the money. Just more powerful ;)

Reactions: andruoid
Upvote 0
I'd go for Lenovo, namely because they're easily available here along with after-sales support.

I believe Packard Bell is now a subsidiary of Acer and Alienware is a premium Dell brand. TBH I think the Alienware PCs look fugly and are somewhat overpriced.

People still use DVD drives? :eek: and I have yet to see useful bloatware that comes pre-installed on any system.

A DVD drive can still be a useful thing to have for ripping movies and music, although it's a long time since I've bought software on a CD or DVD. I've got an external USB DVD drive for when I need it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones