• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acore error message remedy

keithwright

Aug 21, 2009
This might have been posted before but i could not find anything...

After the update i was getting loads of acore error messages that drove me nuts and i think i found the problem.

First time round i backed up my contacts etc. with 'my backup'

This time round i did not back up anything with 'my backup' and just used an app that i had previously downloaded and not tested (although i had previously made a backup file with it) called 'export contacts' which places a file of your contacts on the sd card that you can then load into your contacts in gmail which then directly syncs to your phone.
The program only backs up your contacts but for me i am happy to (fingers crossed) get my phone working properly again

I did this about 6 hours ago and have not had an error message since

The long and short of it is that i think the problem lied with 'my backup' exporting contacts back into the phone.

If i am wrong let me know but this seems to have worked for me

....hope this helps someone

Almost everyone who's getting this error seems to have also used My Backup.

The most likely explanation I've seen given (apologies to whoever it was, I can't remember) is that it's backing up some sort of configuration or setup files which aren't compatible with the latest ROM. If the problem does sort itself out over time, it might be that these files are being overwritten when they're used, so after a week or so you won't see the error anymore.

This is only speculation, but it sort of makes sense... I think, anyway :).

Upvote 0
That kinda makes sense UnWeave and i adopted that approach at first but after about 6 days it was still there and it was just nagging me too much to wait any longer.....impatient as i am

I think over those 6 days i wiped and updated the ROM about 4 times and each time i updated (except for the last) i used my back up again

First time with my back up i restored Messages, mail, contacts, settings, notes and bookmarks (although i cant remember if bookmarks had its own check box or was in with one of the others)......Error persisted

Second time i left out bookmarks (see above) and notes....Error persisted

Third time i left out settings......Yup, you guessed it

Ok so by process of elimination the error must have been in either the messages, mail or contacts that i had backed up with my back up and i could have carried on further, but i thought i could do without the messages people had sent me, my emails were on my laptop and i knew there was another way of getting my contacts into my phone.......soo

Fourth time i used the method described in the first post and everything is back to normal, at last!

There must be other means of getting your contacts back into your phone (if anyone want's to chip in) but this is the one i tried and it worked for me

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
The only time I've had the acore error after updating (and I rooted and installed modaco's core custom ROM in the end) was when trying to view MMS messages restored with mybackup. I didn't restore contacts as sync with googlemail was easier. I guess the format fir storing these things is slightly different after the update and mybackup doesn't convert them.

Upvote 0
Sounds like how it was (fingers still crossed one day on) for me, sometimes just random acore error messages that came and went without interrupting 'sense' then other times crashing right back to the HTC screen.

Good luck with the reflash

It 'could' be that the messages are causing the problem ndall
...and maybe my backup is not fully optimised to work with the Hero yet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones