Acoustic Amplifiers for the DIncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. unlazyfree

unlazyfree Active Member This Topic's Starter

My friend was telling me about how he saw in a magazine an article about an attachment that goes on the back of your phone and is like a tube amplifier for our phones. he said it doesn't plug into the headphone jack nor does it use power, just uses acoustics to amplify the sound coming from the speaker like 10x (or 10dB, i can't remember)

however upon searching google, the only thing i find is crap for the iphone. Has anyone else heard or seen one of these? seems like a cheap way to crank up the volume without some sort of powered amplifier

Advertisement
  2. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member

Damnit, I had an idea to create a dock with this feature to basically route the audio from the back speaker to the front while amplifying the signal naturally. I still may try it out on the next big phone release(LTE probably). I don't know of any commercially available models though.

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I have one of these. It's called my table. Because the speaker is recessed on the back and the camera lens cover keeps the speaker from being muffled, you actually get a louder sound from the reverberation. I'm sure this isn't what you were looking for but I think that's what the designers had in mind.

4. dion

dion Member

+1

Mine becomes significantly louder when I place it face up/speaker down.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea mine works great when laying on a hard service with speaker down