• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root acquiring root

I just bought this phone and have already bricked the damn thing. lol
Basically, I got it rooted and then tried to install the wifi tether app manually by copying the files to /system and instead of copying the files it deleted the entire /system and my recovery is cooked. So if anybody knows how to get wifi tethering to work please share. I am downloading the stock firmware to flash in odin and get my phone back, but basically just trying to use my phone as a wifi router.

Upvote 0
I just bought this phone and have already bricked the damn thing. lol
Basically, I got it rooted and then tried to install the wifi tether app manually by copying the files to /system and instead of copying the files it deleted the entire /system and my recovery is cooked. So if anybody knows how to get wifi tethering to work please share. I am downloading the stock firmware to flash in odin and get my phone back, but basically just trying to use my phone as a wifi router.

Check out this thread here: http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-get-wifi-tether-to-work-no-root-needed.958360/ . I don't take credit, another user shared how they did it and it truly was that simple.

Reactions: dwitm01
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones