• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Acronis True Image Home and The Droid

Just bought the new Droid this morning and couldn't be happier, despite spending the last 12 hours trying to figure out why the computer would recognize that the Droid was connected, but wouldn't produce a Mobile Device Folder.

Long story short, Acronis True Image Home was having issues with the SD Card as it (the SD Card) is defaulted to FAT32 and Acronis doesn't like anything other than NTFS. Tech Support and the Verizon Customer Support staff couldn't have been nicer trying to help me through this, though they really didn't know what the issue was as it was my software that was at fault and not the phone itself. I uninstalled Acronis and the computer quickly populated the Mobile Device Folder.

What a relief to have this resolved so I can enjoy the phone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones