• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Acronyms, terms, root, learning

lilsaphyre

May 20, 2010
Wilmington NC
I was hoping someone could point me to a site that can explain to me all of the goods about rooting so I can understand exactly what I'm doing when I do root. I know I will be rooting soon and I'd appreciate if someone can help me.

I have never used Linux so superuser is all new to me. I understand that that's like admin on windows or so they say but terms about flashing, roms, recovery I only vaguely understand. I just want to be educated fully so as not to go in blind.

When i got root on my first android phone back in the day (which was a wednesday, by tje way), ibarely knew what root was. I highly reccomend following the ten min root video. That is what helped me. If you have any more questions about root, feel free to pm me whenever.

Ps- all you have to do in adb in copy and paste commands from the commands.txt from 10 min root. The hardest part is actually getting adb in recovery. I ised the method wjere you push and pull the sd card (i used my friends moto droid sd card, but thereare a bunch that will work like pny 2gb, kingston 4gb and so on). I pushed amd pulled my sd until the screen flickered , insereed it right before the black ! Screen came on, pushed and pulled until computer chimed (to notify me that the phone was mounted). Its all about timimg

Ps sry for typos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones