Root Acronyms, terms, root, learning

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilsaphyre, Jul 10, 2010.

1. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Wilmington NC
    I was hoping someone could point me to a site that can explain to me all of the goods about rooting so I can understand exactly what I'm doing when I do root. I know I will be rooting soon and I'd appreciate if someone can help me.

I have never used Linux so superuser is all new to me. I understand that that's like admin on windows or so they say but terms about flashing, roms, recovery I only vaguely understand. I just want to be educated fully so as not to go in blind.

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    VIP Member

Moving this to the main root subforum. This subforum is for ROMs/ROM-related topics.

3. xgphacks123

xgphacks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    When i got root on my first android phone back in the day (which was a wednesday, by tje way), ibarely knew what root was. I highly reccomend following the ten min root video. That is what helped me. If you have any more questions about root, feel free to pm me whenever.

Ps- all you have to do in adb in copy and paste commands from the commands.txt from 10 min root. The hardest part is actually getting adb in recovery. I ised the method wjere you push and pull the sd card (i used my friends moto droid sd card, but thereare a bunch that will work like pny 2gb, kingston 4gb and so on). I pushed amd pulled my sd until the screen flickered , insereed it right before the black ! Screen came on, pushed and pulled until computer chimed (to notify me that the phone was mounted). Its all about timimg

Ps sry for typos