• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] Nexus S 4G AIO root & CWM flashable zips

Shabbypenguin

Extreme Android User
Mar 28, 2011
Due to the events as of late regarding Phandroid/AndroidForums i am removing all of the content i brought to the site, i still have most if not all the files, you can find me on xda or twitter if you would like a copy or to chat with me. My recent ban only further solidify my plans to leave this site. sorry for any and all inconvience.

Hi Guys, I just my Nexus S, and i cannot believe the improvement that this phone is over the Epic (I must admit i was skeptic at first, but im glad i made the switch).

Question i hope you guys can answer for me....If i were to use this one-click root, will i be able to flash custom roms using this method?

Thanks in advance guys!

Upvote 0
shabby... it keeps telling me the device is not found. Use volume up and down and power to select an unlock option.

Tell me... should USB storage be turned on or off.... I've rooted hundreds of times, virgin on the Nexus S 4G.

***I just figured it out*** Thanks for your good work ShabbyPenguin!

What did u figure out ace? Im having the same problem

Upvote 0
Ok look its not a true one click but hey it makes it a helluva a lot easier

http://goo.gl/Y5J7M

[COLOR="Red"]Update fully working :D[/COLOR]

big shoutout to Austineasleyinfo for continued patience and testing :D
how do you use this zip. I couldn't find any instructions. tried to go into recovery to flash the zip, but failed. any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
there is instructions actually.. the readme included.. no the script doesnt install drivers due to i dont know if you have 64 bit or 32 bit... you need to install the drivers yourself.

why are you trying to flash this in recovery? stock recovery doesnt let you flash anything. and if you have clockworkmod recovery and you are trying to flash this you might want to just go set the phone down and walk away

Reactions: bnitty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones