• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ACS] Star-ScROM for Transform Ultra

interdpth

May 18, 2011
What is Star-ScROM.

Star-ScROM is a custom ROM for the Samsung Transform Ultra. Most ROMs have funny, off the wall or cool names. Star-ScROM is simply based off of the Transformer Starscream, and that's about it.

Star-ScROM now ships with my first Android program called StarSettings,
StarSettings "unlocks" some hidden features.
Like native USB Tether
A font changer(haven't really played with it yet but it seemed cool)
Battery Info
Radio Info(Change to EVDO and it'll unlock your speeds to awesome levels!)
and an APN editor, I don't suggest playing with it at all.

and it'll probably have other stuff in the future
But yay custom ROM

Welcome to Star-ScROM
It is the first Custom ROM for the Transform Ultra
<--Will be changed lol

Version 0.7
CWM
and other stuff
Soon!

Version 0.6
Native USB Tethering
Sprint gets their own version
Comes with Star-Settings, has some extra functions left out of the phone(CAN BE DANGEROUS SO DON'T MESS WITH IT TOO MUCH)
Other stuff I forgot to leave out?
Ships with Star-Settings, enables native usb tethering and other dangerously cool stuff!
Download Boost Version
Download Sprint Version

Version - 0.5
More speed ups introduced
Fixed MMS and Swype.
Download today!
Version - 0.45

Fixed a bug that would prevent updating.

Download now!

Version - 0.4
All of 0.1 Goodness + tweaks
Way faster response
Includes Auto Task Killer
and 3g tweaks!
DOWNLOAD 0.4 today!

Version - 0.1
Current features, some neat additions.
Deodexed apps
Removal of bloatware
STARTUP IS FAST :DDD
ERRORS with 0.1:
When installing you may get a "rm failed for /tmp" that is okay.
STAR-SCROM DOWNLOAD
Version 2 will be fully deodexed and root on boot.

Then I plan on noCIQ and lots of fun stuff. So look forward to more!
smile.png

Instructions:

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
Drivers for Windows!~
If on windows. Double Click the .Bat file.

On Mac/Linux:
open a terminal
sh shfile.

Simple :)
Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for dead phones. But I test on my own phone before releasing so it should be good!

I will not put forth any effort into "undoing" the custom ROM.
I MAY make a stock restorer.

If you fail to send MMS's:
Turn off your Wi-Fi.
Turn off 3G
reboot phone
Turn on 3g
Send an MMS

This appears to be something with Android. I will look into it further but this is the fix

Welcome to Star-ScROM
It is the first Custom ROM for the Transform Ultra
<--Will be changed lol
Version - 0.1
Current features, some neat additions.
Deodexed apps
Removal of bloatware
STARTUP IS FAST :DDD
STAR-SCROM DOWNLOAD
Version 2 will be fully deodexed and root on boot.

Then I plan on noCIQ and lots of fun stuff. So look forward to more!
smile.png

Instructions:

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

If on windows. Double Click the .Bat file.

On Mac/Linux:
open a terminal
sh shfile.

Simple :)

I'm not responsible for dead phones. But I test on my own phone before releasing so it should be good!

Is there a way to reverse this and go back to stock if something goes wrong? Also, did you make any changes to the drivers or touchscreen settings?

Upvote 0
Thanks interdpth, it took a couple tries but I finally managed to get this to install on my phone. I just had a couple questions as to what the major differences were with this ROM versus the stock. I notice the keyboard is different, and some apps that came on the phone were removed, but not much else, or did it not install correctly on my phone? The build shows up as Star-ScROM.

Upvote 0
Thanks interdpth, it took a couple tries but I finally managed to get this to install on my phone. I just had a couple questions as to what the major differences were with this ROM versus the stock. I notice the keyboard is different, and some apps that came on the phone were removed, but not much else, or did it not install correctly on my phone? The build shows up as Star-ScROM.

im sure i did everything right i never have problem installing custom rom but how you manage to install it?? i try like 3 time already. keep saying error device not found at the last part of the installation then press any key to continue

Upvote 0
yea i have the same problem installing both the rom. what i did was edit the batch by right click on the file and click edit and remove "echo Rebooting Phone...adb.exe reboot
adb.exe wait-for-device" on 0.1. For 0.4 i remove "echo Rebooting Phone...adb.exe reboot
adb.exe wait-for-device" and ":CheckRoot adb.exe kill-server adb.exe start-server cls
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%i in ('adb shell getprop ro.kernel.qemu') do SET ROOT=%%i
IF %ROOT%==1 GOTO :Rooted". to install the rom to the phone. Took me half a 12 case beer to figure this out lol

Upvote 0
yea i have the same problem installing both the rom. what i did was edit the batch by right click on the file and click edit and remove "echo Rebooting Phone...adb.exe reboot
adb.exe wait-for-device" on 0.1. For 0.4 i remove "echo Rebooting Phone...adb.exe reboot
adb.exe wait-for-device" and ":CheckRoot adb.exe kill-server adb.exe start-server cls
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%i in ('adb shell getprop ro.kernel.qemu') do SET ROOT=%%i
IF %ROOT%==1 GOTO :Rooted". to install the rom to the phone. Took me half a 12 case beer to figure this out lol

this worked for me as well thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones