ACT 1 Video playerTips

Last Updated:

1. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After reading a few posts in the forums, I tried the Act 1 video player and really like it, it seems to play whatever I throw at it and the built-in zoom function really makes it versatile.

One problem I'm having and I hope someone here can help.

I can't find information anywhere on what "controls" to use on the player. It will start playing when I choose a video file, but the only way to stop the play is by tapping the screen, which "pauses" the video, then you can go to home and get out of the program, but when you go back into videos, all you can do is "resume" the play, you can't just start from the beginning again.

Does anyone know how to hit "stop" on the player?

Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

u tried using the menu button?

3. Musky

Yes, that's where the "zoom" settings and bookmarks are, but can't see any "Play or Start" options. :confused:

4. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

You can swipe your finger back to the beginning of the video. You can also move your finger across the screen to skip to or go back on your videos.

Was that what you were asking?

5. Musky

Sort of. I'd like to just "stop" a video so that when I go back to it, I can start it from the beginning instead of "resume". I find I have to keep sliding the progress bar back to the beginning, fighting to get it back so I can quickly show someone a video. I would think "stop" would be a basic function.

6. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Not on these devices. Pause is our function. Either we are or aren't listening/watching. I've notice a handful of media type programs that just don't have stop.

7. hodgie

hodgie New Member

I have been looking for a video player and I just downloaded the Act 1 trial. Under Preferences/Behavior there is a setting for "resume on play." Uncheck it and videos will start at the beginning the next time you play them - even though in the list it shows "resume." It's all or nothing though, either you always pause/resume or you always start at the beginning.

Musky likes this.
  8. beafdefx

beafdefx Member

Act 1 dev here.

Hodgie is correct -- use the back button to stop video playback altogether. It's a common misconception that a video is held in "stasis" when you use the back button. This is the only behavior that makes sense for the back button with Android. The resume point you see in the list is simply a reminder of where you left off so you can quickly get back to the same spot.

Despite global video resume preference in Act 1, you can choose per-video if you want to resume where you left off or start from the beginning. Just long-press the video to bring up the context menu for that item and select "Resume..." or "Play from beginning" to do what you want. The app preference for resume only affects the default behavior of tapping an item.

Doug

dibs ODDJOB, hodgie and CarlGustav like this.