activate a stock rom rooted phone

Last Updated: 2012-09-28 23:50:42
  1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

activate a stock rom rooted phone

Will I have any trouble?

GF son has been using a rooted stock rom OV as a wifi device only, he wants to turn it on now. it has a clean esn.

Can I just click activate?

Advertisement
  2. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

3. GoCrew

GoCrew Member

How did he root?

I know with Superoneclick you can unroot. I am unsure if it will unroot a gingerbreak root. Why not just unroot, then reroot? I have never seen mention of avoiding the activate app after rooting.

Why not activate with the dialer.
  4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

just wanted to make sure, I used gingerbreak just so that I could extend the apps space with linktosd and such. was going to be a game rig only, now he want to use it as a phone.

just wanted to make sure before I got knee deep into it.
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

The safest way to unroot is to flash the ZV9 update. It will totally return your phone to bone stock, with a stock recovery.
    Follow Petrah's ZV9 update guide in the All Things Root Guide sticky. After you've activated the phone and need to re-root with a custom recovery, just follow the rest of the guide.
  6. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Well-Known Member

You can activate from stock rooted no problem. Harmonia and Rhode are 2 examples of rooted stock based roms that people activate from all the time Rhode was actually developed specifically for utility use since we can only activate from stock based froyo.