Activating an Inactive (but active) Hero.... (?)Support

Last Updated:

1. exoticfoxholes

exoticfoxholes New Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just bought a Sprint Hero in great condition for 20 bucks and brought it into a store to have the serial numbers checked out. The guy told me it's not flagged as lost or stolen, which is good. However, it shows the device as active. So I asked if he could look up the account, and found that the original owner essentially just let the account go unpaid months and months ago, so it's no longer in service. The only problem is that even after wiping the device and bringing it up to 2.1, it still shows the old phone number in it.

Anyway, I have a complete box kit for the phone and want to sell it to a friend so he can get it activated. Can anyone offer me a creative solution on this? I'd rather sell it than make it my new mini tablet. Otherwise, I guess I'm just out of 20 bucks, because Sprint wouldn't give me the owner information and didn't really seem to care that I had the device. <shrug>

Any insight is appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Moved to the correct forum.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If it's still active on Sprint on another account, then they'll be the ones who can change it.