• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activating my Marquee on Boost

kolosus

Android Expert
Oct 12, 2010
PA/NJ Usa
I got a cheap Marquee from a Sprint customer. I called a few tech support guys trying to activate the phone... The first one flat out refused. So did the second. After that I kinda got distracted and a few days and a few failed tries later hit the jackpot. One "helpful" dude took the meid of the Marquee and activated it on Boost. I just kept insisting that it was a Boost branded Marquee.

My problem is I cannot get it to connect all the way. If I edit my MDN/IMSI manually I can make calls fine but I cannot get data. No 3g/1g icon at all. Updating profile or prl is an endless loop and gets me nowhere.

Can anyone help me out here? Can I install the Boost roms on the Sprint Marquee without any ill effects? I'm open to all suggestions. A Marquee without data is depressing! :(

I got a cheap Marquee from a Sprint customer. I called a few tech support guys trying to activate the phone... The first one flat out refused. So did the second. After that I kinda got distracted and a few days and a few failed tries later hit the jackpot. One "helpful" dude took the meid of the Marquee and activated it on Boost. I just kept insisting that it was a Boost branded Marquee.

My problem is I cannot get it to connect all the way. If I edit my MDN/IMSI manually I can make calls fine but I cannot get data. No 3g/1g icon at all. Updating profile or prl is an endless loop and gets me nowhere.

Can anyone help me out here? Can I install the Boost roms on the Sprint Marquee without any ill effects? I'm open to all suggestions. A Marquee without data is depressing! :(

your apn's are probably messed up now. doesnt hurt to try a boost rom just make a nandroid backup first

Upvote 0

I'm very curious about this. Please let us know what you try and what happens. Have you tried flashing a different PRL? You can try my guide here:
http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/513558-guide-cdma-workshop-manual-prl-updates.html

Upvote 0
Sorry guys. Its not that I've forgotten about this. The phone is still with me and I have it ready... Its just that I've had other problems. My primary phone is connecting to the internet sporadically. When I reboot I can get it to connect... but after 10 min or so. Error 67. Bah.

Long story short. I'm distracted. But I'll get back to this. Soon...

Upvote 0
Your problem is oddly the same as mine. Data will not work same error code after programming MDN and MSID manually to get phone/texting to work. (note prior to programming the MDN/MSID, it will be a 131 error and not 67 error).

Makes me wonder if this phone was originally a Sprint phone but ported and recased. But then again the MEID would get rejected by Boost's website if that was the case but it went onto my account without a fuss. Unlike your's my phone is Boost and was advertised as such when I purchased it. Mine had the same problem as yours out of the box though.

Upvote 0
I have a sprint marquee and the social code for it. I also have have a donor Sanyo incognito. I want to activate it on my boost account. with the 3g and Mms working plz. can't find a good copy of cdma. and my computer does not see it with CDs. some help plz. not a new noon but a noon all the same. did it once with the optimistic but I went thru hell for weeks to get it working right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones