Activating my Marquee on BoostSupport

1. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

I got a cheap Marquee from a Sprint customer. I called a few tech support guys trying to activate the phone... The first one flat out refused. So did the second. After that I kinda got distracted and a few days and a few failed tries later hit the jackpot. One "helpful" dude took the meid of the Marquee and activated it on Boost. I just kept insisting that it was a Boost branded Marquee.

My problem is I cannot get it to connect all the way. If I edit my MDN/IMSI manually I can make calls fine but I cannot get data. No 3g/1g icon at all. Updating profile or prl is an endless loop and gets me nowhere.

Can anyone help me out here? Can I install the Boost roms on the Sprint Marquee without any ill effects? I'm open to all suggestions. A Marquee without data is depressing! :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

your apn's are probably messed up now. doesnt hurt to try a boost rom just make a nandroid backup first
  3. imfm

imfm Well-Known Member

I'm very curious about this. Please let us know what you try and what happens. Have you tried flashing a different PRL? You can try my guide here:
    http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/513558-guide-cdma-workshop-manual-prl-updates.html
  4. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Sorry guys. Its not that I've forgotten about this. The phone is still with me and I have it ready... Its just that I've had other problems. My primary phone is connecting to the internet sporadically. When I reboot I can get it to connect... but after 10 min or so. Error 67. Bah.

Long story short. I'm distracted. But I'll get back to this. Soon...
  5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Well-Known Member

Your problem is oddly the same as mine. Data will not work same error code after programming MDN and MSID manually to get phone/texting to work. (note prior to programming the MDN/MSID, it will be a 131 error and not 67 error).

Makes me wonder if this phone was originally a Sprint phone but ported and recased. But then again the MEID would get rejected by Boost's website if that was the case but it went onto my account without a fuss. Unlike your's my phone is Boost and was advertised as such when I purchased it. Mine had the same problem as yours out of the box though.
  6. daone3238

daone3238 Member

I have a sprint marquee and the social code for it. I also have have a donor Sanyo incognito. I want to activate it on my boost account. with the 3g and Mms working plz. can't find a good copy of cdma. and my computer does not see it with CDs. some help plz. not a new noon but a noon all the same. did it once with the optimistic but I went thru hell for weeks to get it working right.