Activating new Gmail account on unlocked G1 PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. singhlms

singhlms New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought an unlocked G1 Phone in Dubai. My Dubai SIM is working. I made APN settings of my carrier and is working fine. But my unlocked phone has a gmail activation in its reseller name and when ever I start the phone it can not srinc as I do not have a password for it. EVen if I have the password, it will be of no use to me. If anyone an advise me that how to activate my own g mail account. And if done it should not lock the phone. Please help me out.

Advertisement
  2. galya

galya New Member

hey ,, i have bought G1 mobile as well and i live in Jordan , to activte it u have to unlock it , there is a group http://www.unlock-tmobileg1.com/ purchase with 23$ for unlock code , and u will be able to use the phone , as well u have to make sure ur configured the GPRS as well ..

Best Wishes ..

3. RayG1

RayG1 New Member

Take a look at this page:
    http://www.droidsans.com/node/55

It'll tell you how to reset everything, including the GMail account.

Ray.

4. sbug51

sbug51 New Member

hey! look, I have Zain with me, its not really working out well at the moment, I think I will need to get back to Dubai, and then activate it there, I have tried many times to the extent I gave up on getting a GPRS activated for my line, and they always keep on responding with WOW? I already have it, but it seems they can't work it out... I think I will go to a showroom after Eid or something, but this is at the moment getting sooooo on my nerves!

5. mrfixit

mrfixit New Member

i am outside of tmobile network with unlocked g1 but needed google activation, just enter correct apn gprs setting for local service provider and signed in my gmail account and all ok.