activating old phone that I do not want to use for callsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so I cracked my screen and got a replacement.

I am trying to activate the old phone after I have preformed a factory reset. It asked me to input a phone number for activation. I do not want to do this. what are my options.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Why are you trying to activate your old phone?

Anyway, as far as I know, you cannot activate the phone without a number, since it has to figure out what account to use for it to be activated. I can't think of any circumstances that you would not want to use the phone for calls but activate it.

3. Puddlejumpernva

Puddlejumpernva Active Member

I would not try to activate the old phone if I were you. There should be a way to back out of the set up after factory reset.

I did the same thing and have a spare Eris now. Works great with just Wi-Fi. I use Skype to make calls and pretty much carry it when I travel to use like an iPod Touch.

4. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I'm not sure about a stock Eris but on stock android you can touch each corner of the screen starting at the top left and it will bypass the activation.

bcbbanga4l likes this.
  5. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

this is exactly what I want to do.

Figured it out. after the reboot I had to do a couple of reboot (2) of powering down and back up until I was not given the option to "activate the phone.

6. bcbbanga4l

bcbbanga4l Member

I am trying that because i am trying to do the same thing. but its not working for me. It keep asking me what language and then to call to activate.