Activating on multiple lines question...

Last Updated:

1. moofilebot

moofilebot New Member This Topic's Starter

sorry for the vagueness of the thread title...

I have two lines, one is up for a new every two and the other one still a year away. I just ordered a fascinate on the line that qualifies. My question is, once i get the phone, do i have to "activate" it on the line that qualified for the upgrade or can i just go ahead and activate it on the line that doesn't qualify for the upgrade? What's the protocol for using said new phone on the "nonqualified" line? thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I believe you have to activate it on the qualified line first. Then you can use the website (verizonwireless.com) to switch the device to your other line.

3. moofilebot

thanks for teh response. ah, okay...so there shouldn't be any penalties changing the phone from smartphone to a regular phone correct? Also, in the past, I've rarely used the site to change phones. Instead I've been activating each of my regular phones via the voice prompts using *611. Anyone know if the same applies for the smartphones?

Thanks again xliderider for the prompt response.

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Using the site is easy, there is an "activate my phone" link available when you sign into your account online. Follow the prompts and enter your MEID number of the phone you are activating/changing to another line.

No, there is no penalty for removing the Data/Email package required for the line when you change to a feature phone.

5. moofilebot

very cool, thanks again!