activating phoneSupport

1. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

so im switching over from Sprint/Nextel to Virgin Mobile from the Moto i1 to the Optimus V. I ordered my phone almost a week ago and it should be here soon and im so excited! however, i read somewhere that if u wanted to transfer the number from ur other carrier then u had to wait like an aditional 3 days to activate it. is this true? cuz that person didnt specify and didnt answer to the post so i didnt know what exactly happened in his case. thanks in advance for the info! i really dont wanna end up waiting 9+ days to use my new phone! o:

Advertisement
  2. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

If you want to port your number you can request the port when you do the activation process online. It may take up to 3 days for the port to complete which may be what they meant but you don't have to wait 3 days to activate. They will probably give you a temporary number to get you started until the porting has been completed.
    jmleon92 likes this.
  3. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

that is good to hear! thanks and i hope ur right!
  4. jj2me

jj2me Well-Known Member

Not applicable to the mobile-to-VM port of this thread, but I just got off the phone with VM for a Verizon landline-to-VM port. 1st agent: "4 to 6 weeks." 2nd agent: "6 weeks."

Gah!

EDIT: Found this from VM:

5. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member

Seeing as how you're moving your number from one Sprint subsidiary to another, it shouldn't take that long. It may not even take a full 24 hours.
    jmleon92 likes this.
  6. jmleon92

jmleon92 Member

guess we'll find out soon... my phone is supposed to arrive in 2 days... unless theres a delay..