activation/transfering numbersGeneral

Last Updated:

1. neverender

neverender Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on my parents family plan. Because I won't be able to take my parents to the store on Thursday morning (b/c of work) I am thinking of pre-ordering it. Will I be able to take it to the store for activation/transfer my numbers and everything without the "primary phone owner" or whatever Verizon calls the main number on the family plan? Whenever I try to call them or go online I'm unable to do anything because I'm not the head honcho.

Advertisement
  2. neverender

neverender Active Member This Topic's Starter

so I tried to delete this but when I found out the answer but can't. Sorry!

3. Vash23

Vash23 New Member

Please don't delete this thread~

I also have a question regarding the transfer/activation of an account.

I'm currently on AT&T and my parents are on T-Mobile.
    We're thinking of switching to Verizon and I am most likely going to get the Incredible. My question is, if I pre-order the phone today with the family plan and have our numbers transfer over, would I be left without a cell phone service until I get the Incredible or would I still be able to use AT&T until I get the new phone? Your feedback would be much appreciated~

4. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

My understanding is they give you a dummy number when you order and then when you activate your phone your actual number will be ported over. I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure I read that on this website.