Active Exchange problem: SendingSupport

Last Updated:

1. cwcentral

cwcentral New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have problems sending mail using the activeexchange account? Can receive emails, calendar and contacts, but no luck on sending--items just sit in the outbox.

Bit surprised since this is a essentially a Hero and I thought they fixed those issues by now before the Eris launch...

Advertisement
  2. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

I just tried and it sent with no problems.

3. droidnoob

droidnoob New Member

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. I'm hoping a tech head will see one of these threads and help!

4. nburr

nburr New Member

I too am having the same issue. I can receive emails, calendar, contacts, but am unable to send email via my exchange account.

I called verizon but nothing was in their knowledge base as of yet on this issue. They tried upping my data plan to the $45 corporate version but it made no difference.

5. bbrad

bbrad Well-Known Member

I have no problems sending or replying. I have the verizon $29 plan.

6. pacer74

pacer74 New Member

Same issue here. I can receive everything but sent message are stuck in the outbox. I just set up my exchange mail on the phone, Eris, a couple of days ago and I'm pretty sure it worked at one time.

7. droidnoob

droidnoob New Member

Ok, so I think I identified the problem. My work's exchange server requires 4 digit pin to allow full functionality. Unfortunately I guess the Android devices don't support that, so I can't send email or download attachments without using a 3rd party app. I downloaded the Touchdown app from the market and used the 5 day free trial. Bingo! Everything is working fine. I had to choose a 4 digit pin, which it asks for periodically. I think it's worth the $10 to buy the program.