• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Active Exchange problem: Sending

cwcentral

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
Anyone have problems sending mail using the activeexchange account? Can receive emails, calendar and contacts, but no luck on sending--items just sit in the outbox.

Bit surprised since this is a essentially a Hero and I thought they fixed those issues by now before the Eris launch...

I too am having the same issue. I can receive emails, calendar, contacts, but am unable to send email via my exchange account.

I called verizon but nothing was in their knowledge base as of yet on this issue. They tried upping my data plan to the $45 corporate version but it made no difference.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I think I identified the problem. My work's exchange server requires 4 digit pin to allow full functionality. Unfortunately I guess the Android devices don't support that, so I can't send email or download attachments without using a 3rd party app. I downloaded the Touchdown app from the market and used the 5 day free trial. Bingo! Everything is working fine. I had to choose a 4 digit pin, which it asks for periodically. I think it's worth the $10 to buy the program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones