Active Notifications (General Discussion)General

1. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I wish there were a way to dismiss active notifications without turning on my phone. In other words, when I hold down on the circle and I see what it is, I wish there were a way to slide left to dismiss the notification.

Sliding up goes to the notification, sliding down turns on your phone, sliding left or right (or both) would be a natural way to dismiss the notification and would be a way to drop the previous notification back into the primary position.

What do you think?

Also, I had to change my notification tones. It drove me nuts hearing the same notification sound for everything. I've done it for all of my previous phones, I can't believe it took me this long this time.

Advertisement
  2. Optimus Prune

Optimus Prune Well-Known Member

Swiping left or right does dismiss the active notification without turning on the phone.
    2010 ZR1 likes this.
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Ahhhh! You're right but it wipes all of them, it would be awesome if it wiped only the top one and you could keep the next and so on.
  4. Optimus Prune

Optimus Prune Well-Known Member

Agreed. Left for clear all and right for clear one or some such thing would be sweetness.
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

What I want is to be able to drag the circle to one of the other app icons below to make that the primary notification for the drag up - or to be able to prioritize notifications, so text messaging always is first if there is an unread text.

However, I'm fine with the way it is.
  6. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that sometimes the notifications are brighter than other times?
  7. distortedloop

distortedloop Member

Auto brightness?
  8. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member

Not using it. Only thing I can think of is that it uses it regardless of your screen brightness settings.
  9. Cincybearcatfan

I know that these are for the Moto X but they are hilarious. They also apply for the Droid lineup as well. Enjoy! :D

Outatime likes this.
  10. kmwhiten

kmwhiten Well-Known Member

Ok I might be the only person who likes the notification lights, does anyone know if you can turn off active display and get blinking lights back?
  11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You can turn off active notifications easily - that's right in settings. But, no, you cannot get LED notifications to replace it.
  12. kmwhiten

Thank you
  13. Cincybearcatfan

What needs to happen to satisfy everyone is the active notification needs to go through different colors. In other words, if you have a new text message, an email and a voicemail. As it lights up it lights up in green, fades to red and as it's fading out it's blue. That way everyone would be happy. It would be "similar" to a traditional notification light but also incorporate the new technology with it.

I think it could be possible to write an app that replaces the stock app but you would lose some of the battery benefit with it being black and white.

If you are listening Light Flow creator, there is a market here if you want to explore it.
  14. kmwhiten

Very great idea!
  15. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

I know we aren't getting the LED light notifications back, but I also was a fan of them. Used to be if I was reading with my phone beside me, I could flick my eyes to the phone and in a second or two the LED would tell me if my social life was needing attention. Now i find myself staring at the phone for 10 seconds to be sure that nothing will pulse into view. That seems more intrusive, really.

However, I like everything else about this phone so much, so I'll get over it!
  16. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

One easy thing to do is just to lay it flat face down. That way you can always pick it up. That's what I end up doing.
  17. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Yes, rabid, that works. My idea was to be able merely to glance, not reach, flip, check, put down. But at least wouldn't have to wait 10 seconds to see if there's anything to see.
  18. jesta192

jesta192 Member

With mine all I do is casually slap it (or the nightstand), and it lights up immediately. It is accelerometer based after all.