• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ActiveSync Exchange Problem

kteicher

Lurker
Mar 17, 2010
Well, there certainly are numerous posts about this problem, but I didn't find any significant solutions, so I will try a new post :)

Exchange email has been working without any problem for almost a year. Over the last few days my email is not getting pushed to my Incredible. Contacts and calendar are being updated.

If I delete an email on the phone, it does delete from Outlook and Exchange OWA virtually immediately.

I have triple-checked all settings, reinstalled the Exchange account on the phone two time and still no email is received unless I force an email sync.

I deleted all apps that I have added recently (plus a few more), no help.

The wierd part is that it seems (not positive) that every now and then the email push does work (if it does it is days between pushes).

I have checked to see if there is any difference if wi-fi is used, but it doesn't make a difference.

Any new ideas are appreciated, as this has me stumped (and annoyed, and frustrated).

Thanks!

Malibu,
I finally got things workding by:

1) Delete your exchange email account.
2) Turn phone off and then on.
3) Create a new exchange account.
4) Check to see if Auto-Sync is checked ON. If it is turn it off and then on again. If is OFF, turn it on.

I may have had to turn it on/off a couple of times before things started working properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones