• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activesync only syncs exchange inbox

hi,

activesync syncs my exchange inbox with my hero but not my calendar, contacts, subfolders or any other folder (deleted items, etc). it looks like the folders are there, but they are actually empty. the calendar issue is not really a problem now that i am using Google Calendar Sync, but i would like ALL my exchange email to be on my phone!
any ideas?
thanks!

Hello umshamrock,

Email sub-folders can be synchronised by pressing the Menu button from within the Mail application and selecting the Folders option.
Select the folder that you want to access, then press again the Menu button and select the Refresh button to download the mail in that folder.

You should be have then all yours mails on that subfolder.

Cheers,

Upvote 0
Hello umshamrock,

Email sub-folders can be synchronised by pressing the Menu button from within the Mail application and selecting the Folders option.
Select the folder that you want to access, then press again the Menu button and select the Refresh button to download the mail in that folder.

Cheers,

I have the opposite problem! I want ONLY my Inbox to sync... I would like ALL messages in the Inbox folder, regardless of age and size, to be available on the Hero. However, when I set the sync filters to any message, any date, any size, it starts to download my ENTIRE exchange account - all 350k messages!!!! I have tried deleting and recreating the box, but this doesn't work.... any thoughts?

Lee

Upvote 0
Hi demonda,

Hello umshamrock,

Cheers,

The problem with this is that I have to go into each folder, hit sync, then wait and see whether there is new mail. For every. single. folder. This user experience is pretty horrible; while I'd prefer the Windows Mobile approach of nominating folders, I'd settle for a flag that says "please download from all folders".

Do you know if there's a hidden way to get this functionality?

Geoff

Upvote 0
I too have the same issue on the new Incredible. It syncs flawlessly the Inbox folder with no problems. However it does not sync the many folders i have under my Inbox. I have rules that send certain mail to certain folders instead of my Inbox. My phone does not sync, or alert me to new mails withing these folders unless i go directly into the folder and hit sync now.

Upvote 0
I'm working around this by modifying my rules on the Exchange server so that every e-mail leaves a copy in the inbox before getting shipped off to the organized folder. I can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about this as I have those subfolders for an organizational reason. I'd really like to be alerted to when an e-mail comes in from someone (say, my boss or an important client) instead of having to manually check the folders for updates.

Upvote 0
The stock Android mail client blows for exchange! I have had to switch to using Touchdown. Now all my subfolders get picked up and notifications are displayed for any new emails in ANY folder. Touchdown offers some nice filtering options also. It is on the market place with a 30day trial, so there is no reason not to at least see what you think. I find it very fast, easy to navigate (way easier then android) and just does what you would expect a good exchange client to do.

-D

Upvote 0
I have been using Toudhchdown for 2 days now and so fer, it does everything I need as my exchange client. I am on a Thunderbolt. The only thing, so far, is that I don't have widgets for the various parts of Touchdown - that doesn't mean they aren't there - I just haven't found them yet. I really needed to see unread email in all of the folders that I have to see and this cliend does that and more.

Upvote 0
Open the email app, hit the menu button, go to settings, account settings, choose the account you want to fix. More settings, folder sync settings. select each folder you want sunced and set the sync schedule and peak schedule for either push, a time setting or "use account defaults" depending on your desired settings. Once these are set for each folder, you should be gtg.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones