• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Activesync problems over WiFi

Likvid

Lurker
Apr 19, 2011
Anyone else got problems with Activesync with your DHD when connected with WiFi?

As soon as i disable WiFi the Activesync is working again towards our Exchange 2010 server.

I have sent a bug report to HTC about it.

Is there any workaround? i have tried several WiFi networks and the same problem.

It works great when you only use 3G/HSPA, but not together with WiFi enabled

Guys,
Have been tearing hair out trying to sync exchange to a samsung galaxy S2. Nothing worked, kept entering settings again and again but getting authentication fail and server connection error. Went home and it just worked first time. Discovered that the WIFI hotspot I was using at work had a firewall on it which was preventing the sync. I disabled the firewall and voila all happy. I'm sure theres a port that needs to be opened so I'm going to have to check into it a bit more carefully but worth a go taking off the hardware firewall to see if its blocking sync traffic.
Enjoy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones