• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ActiveSync support

dhevans

Jan 22, 2010
I'd like to be able to keep my work outlook email on my phone, and calendar is possible too.

Tried to add an account through the native email app to either be told there was a security error or the site needs security features my phone doesn't support.

This kind of makes sense as I have a verisign .cer I've had to install on my Nokias to get it to work, but nowhere can I see how to do that for the N1?

I then tried Touchdown (the android 2.0 one), which worked for about 4 hours until I left the office and went from my almost full HSPDA signal to my 2 bars 2G at home. It then moaned about too many timeouts, and then refused to update at all over a manual sync. Eeven a reconfigure whilst back in the office failed.
So that's been uninstalled...

So, can I install my verisign certificate somehow?
I saw another app which you can do USB syncing, but it requires software on the PC, which I'm not allowed to do.

I'd prefer to keep this to a free solution as my company will be moving to a new corporate servers this year and we will no doubt have no more access through OMA. So I don't want to spend money on something that might not work after a few months!

Any help appreciated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones